5 October 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 2018 Nobel Peace Prize, 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit and fourth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement for 2018-19 among others.
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) eased foreign exchange rules for which sector?
a) Oil Marketing Companies
b) Financing Institutions
c) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
d) Travel and Tourism
2. Which state was awarded as the best state under the Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2018?
3. India’s first Global Skills Park will be set up in which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
4. Who was appointed as the Executive Chairman of National Legal Services Authority of India (NALSA)?
a) Justice Ranjan Gogoi
b) Justice Indu Malhotra
c) Justice Suresh Kumar
d) Justice Madan Bhimarao Lokur
5. Who won the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize?
a) Nadia Murad
b) George P Smith
c) Oprah Winfrey
d) Sir Gregory P Winter
6. When the Worlds Teachers’ Day is celebrated every year?
a) 4 October
b) 5 October
c) 6 October
d) 7 October
7. India recently signed a USD 5.43 billion deal to procure the S-400 Triumf missile system from which country?
d) South Korea
8. In its fourth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement for 2018-19, the RBI fixed the Repo Rate at what percent?
a) 7.5 percent
b) 5.5 percent
c) 6.0 percent
d) 6.5 percent
1. (a) Oil Marketing Companies
In an attempt to control the falling value of rupee, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced easing foreign exchange rules for oil marketing companies (OMCs). The hike in crude oil prices has increased demand for dollars by oil companies.
2. (b) Haryana
Haryana was ranked as the best State, while Satara District of Maharashtra was ranked as the best district as per the ranking undertaken by Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018. Uttar Pradesh was rewarded for maximum citizens’ participation.
3. (c) Madhya Pradesh
The foundation stone of the country's biggest Global Skill Park was laid in Bhopal. The park will come up on land allotted in Narela Shankari area of Bhopal. It will be established with the support of Institute of Technical Education Education Services Singapore (ITEES).
4. (d) Justice Madan Bhimarao Lokur
Senior judge of the Supreme Court, Madan Bhimarao Lokur, is now the Executive Chairman of the National Legal Services Authority of India (NALSA). President Ramnath Kovind nominated Justice Lokur to the post.
5. (a) Nadia Murad
The Norwegian Nobel Committee on October 5, 2018 awarded the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize to Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad “for their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict”.
6. (b) 5 October
The World Teachers' Day was observed across the world on October 5, 2018. The Day commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of the ‘1966 ILO/UNESCO Recommendation’ concerning the Status of Teachers.
7. (c) Russia
India and Russia on October 5, 2018 signed a USD 5.43 billion deal for India to procure the S-400 Triumf missile system from Russia. The deal was signed following the 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin and other delegates.
8. (d) 6.5 percent
The Reserve Bank of India, in an unexpected move, decided to hold the repo rate at 6.5 percent. The MPC voted 5:1 and RBI committee shifted to 'calibrated tightening stance'.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week