Top Current Affairs Quiz: 6 February 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Trump- Kim Summit, India’s 40th communication satellite and new train project among others.
6 February 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Trump- Kim Summit, India’s 40th communication satellite and new train project among others.
1. The National Board of Wildlife recently accorded wildlife clearance for which train project in India?
a) Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project
b) Vande Bharat Express – Train-18
c) Nadikudi - Srikalahasti Rail Line Project
d) Bilaspur-Manali-Leh Railway Line Project
2. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will hold the second summit in which country?
b) South Korea
3. The ‘Church of Saint Francis’ and the ‘Mosque of Grand Imam Ahmad Al Tayeb’ will be contructed in which country?
a) Saudi Arabia
b) United Arab Emirates
4. Which state constituted a committee to review various schemes being implemented for the welfare of tribals on February 6, 2019?
d) West Bengal
5. Which state recently became the first to set up a Price Monitoring and Research Unit to track the violation of prices of medical devices and essential drugs?
d) Tamil Nadu
6. Which among the following is India’s 40th communication satellite that was launched on February 5 from French Guiana?
7. Who among the following leaders has proposed a new missile treaty with potential to include India?
a) Vladimir Putin
b) Donald Trump
c) Xi Jinping
d) Emmanuel Macron
8. Asia's oldest captive elephant and Guinness record holder passed away on February 5, 2019. How old was she?
9. Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for three highway projects in which state on February 6, 2019?
a) Uttar Pradesh
10. Under Andhra Pradesh’s vote-on-account budget for 2019-20, the state government has allocated how much amount under the Market Intervention Fund for farmers?
a) Rs 800 crore
b) Rs 1000 crore
c) Rs 1200 crore
d) Rs 500 crore
1. (a) Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project
The National Board of Wildlife, led by Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan, in January 2019 accorded wildlife clearance to the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project (MAHSR) that passes through the Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary and the Sanjay Gandhi National Park in Mumbai.
2. (d) Vietnam
President Donald Trump announced on February 5, 2019 that he will hold the second summit with the North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un in Vietnam on February 27-28, 2019 as part of his administration's endeavours to denuclearise North Korea.
3. (b) United Arab Emirates
UAE leaders announced the construction of the “Church of Saint Francis” and ‘Mosque of Grand Imam Ahmad Al-Tayyeb’ in Abu Dhabi in honour of the two religious leaders. They will serve as beacons to uphold the values of tolerance, moral integrity and human fraternity in the UAE.
4. (c) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra Government has set up a committee to review various schemes being implemented for the welfare of tribals in the state. The 17-member committee will be headed by former MLA and Shramjeevi Sanghatna president Vivek Pandit.
5. (b) Kerala
Kerala became the first state to set up a Price Monitoring and Research Unit to track the violation of prices of medical devices and essential drugs. The move came more than 5 years after NPPA proposed such a system for the states and UTs.
6. (a) GSAT-31
Indian Space Research Organisation’s latest communication satellite, GSAT-31 was successfully launched by Arianespace aboard its launch vehicle Ariane 5 from the spaceport in French Guiana on February 5, 2019. GSAT-31 is India's 40th communication satellite and it will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-orbit satellites.
7. (b) Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump has proposed a new nuclear missiles treaty that could possibly include India as he delivered the State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress. Some of India’s Prithvi and Agni class missiles could fall under the ambit of such a treaty.
8. (b) 88
The oldest captive elephant in Asia and Guinness record holder, 88-year old Dakshayani, passed away at a care centre in Pappanamcode on February 5, 2019. In 2016, she was conferred the "Gaja Muthassi" (elephant granny) title and entered the Guinness book of records.
9. (c) Odisha
The Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari on February 6, 2019 laid the foundation stone for three highway projects worth over Rs 2,345 crore in Odisha. The projects will ensure better connectivity of the mineral-rich Angul and Dhenkanal districts of Odisha with the rest of the state.
10. (b) Rs 1000 crore
In an election eve vote-on-account budget for 2019-20, the Chandrababu Naidu government in Andhra Pradesh on February 5, 2019 announced an economic support scheme for farmers and doubled the unemployment pension to Rs 2,000. The state government also doubled the allocation to Rs 1000 crore under the Market Intervention Fund for farmers.