9 February 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Mobile Democracy Vans, new High Court Chief Justice and NITI Aayog’s latest Health Index among others.
1. Which nation has agreed to allow Indian pilgrims to undertake Mansarovar yatra through Nathu La?
2. According to Prime Minister’s Research Fellows scheme, how many meritorious students of B. Tech and M. Tech will get fellowship in complete 3 years span time?
a) 1000 students
b) 2000 students
c) 3000 students
d) 4000 students
3. India signed MoU for Secondment Programme with which country on 7 February 2018?
b) Sri Lanka
4. Abhilasha Kumari was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of which state’s High Court?
c) Tamil Nadu
5. Mobile Democracy Vans have been deployed in which state to create voter awareness?
6. Union Cabinet was apprised of an MoU signed between India and which country for cooperation on Youth matters?
7. Which large state has been ranked at the top in NITI Aayog’s Health Index?
d) Uttar Pradesh
8. Among the Union Territories, which one faired the best in NITI Aayog’s 'Healthy States, Progressive India' report?
a) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
9. Who was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Kerala recently?
a) P Sadasivam
b) Pinarayi Vijayan
c) Antony Dominic
d) KK Usha
10. The Centre has joined hands with which state’s government to combat air pollution levels?
11. The Union Cabinet approved signing of a protocol to amend the double taxation avoidance agreement between India and which country?
12. India signed Memorandum of Cooperation on Law Enforcement Training with this country?
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) China
China has agreed to allow Indian pilgrims to embark on Kailash-Mansarovar yatra through Nathu La in Sikkim after the route was closed last year in the wake of the Doklam standoff. Nathu La is a mountain pass in the Himalayas in the East Sikkim district.
2. (c) 3000 students
The Union Cabinet on February 7, 2018 approved implementation of the 'Prime Minister's Research Fellows (PMRF) Scheme' with a total outlay of Rs 1650 crore for a period of seven years beginning from Financial Year 2018-19. A maximum of 3000 Fellows will be selected in a three year period beginning 2018-19.
3. (a) Australia
The Union Cabinet gave approval for signing of Memorandum of Understanding for Secondment Programme between the Department of Economic Affairs (Indian Economic Service Cadre) and The Treasury, Government of Australia, for a period of three months.
4. (b) Manipur
Justice Abhilasha Kumari was sworn-in as new Chief Justice of the High Court of Manipur on February 9, 2018. Governor Najma Heptulla administered her the oath of the office at Raj Bhavan in Imphal. Justice Abhilasha was a judge of the Gujarat High Court.
5. (c) Meghalaya
In poll bound Meghalaya, state Election department has deployed Mobile Democracy Van to create voters awareness. The specially designed vans, loaded with voter’s education material, have been deployed in three regions of Garo, Khasi and Jaintia Hills.
6. (b) Tunisia
The Union Cabinet was apprised of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Tunisia to promote cooperation in the field of youth matters. The MoU was signed between both the sides on 30 October 2017 in New Delhi.
7. (b) Kerala
NITI Aayog has released a health index that ranks states and Union Territories in terms of overall performance in their health system. The healthy state progressive report ranked Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu at the top among the larger states in terms of overall performance.
8. (c) Lakshadweep
NITI Aayog has released a health index that ranks states and Union Territories in terms of overall performance in their health system. While among the larger states, Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu ranked on the top, in case of smaller states Meghalaya was ranked at the top followed by Manipur and Goa.
9. (c) Antony Dominic
Acting Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court Antony Dominic was on February 9, 2018 sworn in as the Chief Justice of Kerala. Justice Dominic administered the Oath of Office from Kerala Governor P. Sadasivam in the presence of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan at Raj Bhavan, Kerala. The state Chief Secretary Paul Antony read out the Presidential order appointing Justice Dominic as the Chief Justice.
10. (d) Delhi
The Union Environment Ministry along with Delhi government would be launching a campaign to combat severe levels of air pollution in the National Capital Region. The campaign outcome is expected to help the Ministry to form a larger policy framework to deal with pollution throughout the year.
11. (a) China
The Union Cabinet approved signing of a protocol to amend the double taxation avoidance agreement between India and China. The protocol updates the existing provisions for exchange of information to the latest international standards and will incorporate changes required to implement treaty related minimum standards under the action reports of Base Erosion and Profit shifting (BEPS) Project.
12. (b) USA
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC),USA and Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D), India on Law Enforcement Training.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.