Trinamool Congress MP Ambica Banerjee passed away in Kolkata on 25 April 2013. He was 86 years of age.
About Ambica Banerjee
• Ambica Banerjee represented the Howrah Lok Sabha constituency.
• He remained a member of Bengal Legislative Assembly from 1982 to 2006.
• Ambica Banerjee was a known and respected member among all the sections as the social activist as well as the politician.
• He was a mechanical engineer and started the political career with Congress.
• He later became a part of the Trinamool.
• He contested for Lok Sabha elections from Howrah seat in 2006 as well as 2009.
• He remained associated with sports organisations as well, such as Cricket Association of Bengal as well as Indian Football Association.