Donald Trump, the new President-elect of the United States, nominated Seema Verma to the post of Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
She is the second Indian-American to be placed in one of the top administration positions, only after Nikki Haley, who created history by becoming the first-ever Indian-American to be appointed to a cabinet-level position under any US president.
Seema Verma will be expected to work along with the newly elected Health and Human Services Secretary- Tom Price.
About Seema Verma
• Verma, an Indiana resident, is the founder and CEO of a health policy consulting firm- SVC Inc.
• She has decades of experience in advising on Medicare and Medicaid policy.
• Previously, she has worked for the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County as vice president of planning and also at the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials in Washington, D.C.
• As the president of SVC Inc, she has been an advisor to many US states including Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Maine, and Tennessee.
• She has worked with various Republican governors including Mitch Daniels, the Governor of Indiana and Matt Bevin, Governor of Kentucky.
• She has also previously worked with Vice President- Elect Mike Pence, as she constructed his Obamacare Medicaid expansion model called Healthy Indiana Plan 2.0, a policy carved for low-income groups.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.