Twitter, the social networking giant elevated Taranjeet Singh as its Country Director for India on 10 May 2017. Singh was previously leading the charge for sales and marketing support for Twitter’s advertisers in India.
The official statement released by Twitter India read that Taranjeet in his new position would be leading the team by driving an integrated business strategy and spearheading cross-functional collaboration. His role would also include accelerating Twitter’s audience and revenue growth in India, its key growth market.
About Taranjeet Singh
• Taranjeet Singh has over 19 years of experience in sales and business development.
• He also has a comprehensive understanding of the media industry.
• Prior to joining Twitter, he was the sales director, South Asia for BBC Advertising, where he was responsible for revenue and business strategy for BBC World News along with the channel’s main online website.
• Prior to joining BBC, he held various positions at Outlook Publishing including the Head of sales and business development in Northern India.
• Singh did his Bachelor’s from DAV College, Dehradun and holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Amity Business School.
Singh’s alleviation to the new role clearly indicates how the social media service is increasing its focus on the region. In fact the platform recently launched its lighter version called Twitter Lite for its users in India, ahead of other markets like Indonesia and Philippines.
• India is among the world’s fastest growing social media markets.
• It is already among the largest markets for social media organisations such as Facebook, WhatsApp and Google.
• Though Twitter does not reveal country-specific user numbers, it counts India among its top five audience markets globally.
• The platform allows users to engage in conversations with their friends, corporates, celebrities and the government using 140 characters.
• Overall, the social media service has over 319 million users globally.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.