The Union Cabinet was on 30 August 2017 apprised of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Brazil for cooperation in the fields of Zebu Cattle Genomics and Assisted Reproductive Technologies.
The MoU was signed by both the sides in October 2016.
Highlights of the MoU
• The MoU will promote development of Genomics and Assistant Reproductive Technologies (ARTs) in Cattle through joint activities between both the nations.
• It calls for the formation of an implementation committee with equal number of representatives from both the sides for regularly determining the activities and developing work plans.
• Both the countries will undertake joint projects in the fields of Productivity Improvement of cattle and buffaloes for broadening the existing knowledge base on sustainable dairy development.
Moreover, the MoU will promote and facilitate scientific cooperation and setting up of genomic selection programme in Zebu Cattle through:
• Application of genomic in Zebu Cattle and buffaloes
• Application of assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs) in cattle and buffaloes
• Capacity building in genomic and assisted reproductive technology
• Related research and development in Genomics and ART in accordance with the respective laws and as covered under Rule 7 (d) (i) of the Second Schedule of the Government of India (Transaction of Business) Rules, 1961.
Who: Union Cabinet
When: 30 August 2017
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider