The Union Cabinet on February 28, 2018 approved the signing of four Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) between India and Jordan on cooperation in various fields.
These MoUs were signed in the areas of Health & Medical Science, Manpower, Customs Matters and mining and beneficiation of Rock Phosphate & MOP.
MoU on Cooperation in Health Sector
• The Union Cabinet on February 28, 2018 approved the proposal for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Jordan on cooperation in the field of Health & Medical Science.
• The MoU covers various areas of cooperation- Universal Health Coverage (UHC); Health System Governance; Services and Information Technology in Health; Health Research; National Health Statistics; Health Finance and Health Economy; Tobacco Control and TB Treatment.
• A Working Group will be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
MoU on cooperation in Field of Manpower
• The Union Cabinet approved the proposal for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Jordan on Cooperation in the Field of Manpower.
• The MoU aims at enhancing collaboration between the two sides in promoting best practices in the administration of contractual employment and to enhance the protection and welfare of Indian workers in Jordan.
• It also calls for collaboration between the two sides in use of online portal for recruitment of Indian manpower to usher in greater transparency and curb malpractices in the recruitment process.
• The MoU will be valid for a period of five years, incorporates provision of automatic renewal and a monitoring mechanism through a Joint Technical Committee.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
MoU on Cooperation in Customs Matters
• The Union Cabinet approved the signing and ratifying of Agreement between India and Jordan on Cooperation and Mutual Administrative Assistance in Customs Matters.
• It will help in the availability of relevant information for the prevention and investigation of Customs offences.
• It is also expected to facilitate trade and ensure efficient clearance of goods traded between the countries.
MoU for mining and beneficiation of Rock Phosphate & MOP
• The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Jordan for mining and beneficiation of Rock Phosphate & MOP.
• The MoU also calls for setting up production facility in Jordan for Phosphoric Acid/DAP/NPK Fertilizers with a long term agreement for 100 per cent off-take to India.
• It will ensure consistent supply of raw material, intermediaries and finish P&K fertilizers to cater to the needs of the country at a reasonable price.
Who: Union Cabinet
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.