The Union Cabinet on 5 October 2016 approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and the African Asian Rural Development Organization (AARDO) for capacity building programmes in the field of rural development.
Under this MoU, capacity building programmes for AARDO member countries will be organized every year at various Institutions of Excellence in India such as National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Indian Institute of Management and others.
The duration of each training programme shall be of two to three weeks. The Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development Management Course at NIRD & PR under this scheme will be for one year.
About African Asian Rural Development Organization (AARDO)
• The AARDO has its headquarters in New Delhi.
• It is an autonomous, inter-Governmental organization established in 1962 with the objective of promoting cooperation among the countries of the African - Asian Region.
• It works in the direction of eradicating thirst, hunger, illiteracy, disease and poverty in the region.
• India is one of the Founder Members of the Organization and is the largest contributor in terms of membership contribution of 141100 US dollars.
• Since the year 2009, India is continuing to provide an Additional Contribution of 600000 US dollars to AARDO for each triennium to expand its scale and scope of the Capacity Building Programmes.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Union Cabinet
When: 5 October 2016