Union Minister of State for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal on 23 May 2017 launched mobile app Saral Eindhan Vitaran App (SEVA) for quick tracking of coal dispatch.
This unique monitoring app was a joint initiative of the Union Ministry of Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy and Coal India Limited (CIL).
Highlights of Saral Eindhan Vitaran App (SEVA) app
• The app will provide complete information of departmental functioning and transparency to the public.
• It will track coal dispatch to 118 power plants through fuel supply agreement (FSA) of around 500 MT.
• In addition, the dispatch through Special Forward E-Auction and Bridge Linkage from more than 200 dispatch points spread over eight states of the country will also be monitored.
• It will provide a summary of quantity of coal dispatched along with grades for the given day, month, and the latest yearly updates.
• It will also provide information on rake movement including latest status of indents of rake, allotment and loading which will help consumers making advance logistics planning.
• Much of the information on the SEVA dashboard will be available in open access, however, consumer specific data would be password protected on the SEVA Dashboard.
• The app has a dedicated backend team to monitor the status of specific grievances from consumers and take action on the feedback received on the app.
• By using this app, the common man will be able to hold the government accountable for the coal linkage allocations. This will, in turn, lead to rationalization of coal linkages and finally reduction in the power prices in the country.
When: 23 May 2017