Rajnath Singh, the Union Home Minister, on April 13, 2018 launched the e-Foreigners Regional Registration Office (e-FRRO) Scheme, a web-based application.
The e-FRRO scheme aims to provide fast and efficient services to foreigners visiting India so that they have a pleasant stay.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
• e-FRRO scheme is aimed at building a centralized, transparent online platform for the foreigners to avail visa related services.
• It seeks to provide faceless, cashless and paperless services to the foreigners with user friendly experience.
• Through this new application, foreigners will be able to get avail 27 Visa and Immigration related services in India from the comfort of their place of stay.
• Foreigners can apply online on the portal and obtain the services through email or post without appearing in person at the FRRO office.
• Foreigners are required to create their own User ID by registering themselves on this application.
• After a successful registration, they can apply online through registered User-ID for various visa and immigration related services in India.
• The necessary immigration or visa document will be sent by post on the address mentioned in the online application. It will also be sent electronically to the registered email ID.
e-FRRO Scheme has already been implemented as a pilot project in four Foreigners Regional Registration Offices (FRROs) in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai.
Now, the scheme has been rolled out in the remaining eight FRROs- Kolkata, Amritsar, Hyderabad, Cochin, Thiruvananthapuram, Calicut, Lucknow and Ahmedabad.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.