The Union Coal Minister Piyush Goyal launched the e-CPMP (Electronic Coal Projects Monitoring Portal) on 26 March 2015 for tracking projects that entail an investment related to coal. The portal has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
It is an institutional mechanism to automate the entire tracking of issues related to stalled projects from submission of a new project to commissioning on time.
Characteristic Features of e-CPMP
• The aim of the portal is to enhance efficiency and transparency in the Ministry’s functioning
• It will improve communication between B2G (Business to Government), G2G (Government to Government) and G2B (Government to Business) by automating work processes, removing human interaction and timely disposal of important issues.
• Government agencies, departments, ministries and private entrepreneurs are eligible to submit issues related to stalled projects through the portal.
• It will proactively identify potential and existing bottlenecks in the execution of projects and communicates administrative measures to overcome them.
• The portal also provides for various Graphical Analysis and Reporting functionalities related to coal projects.
• Apart from issues related to stalled projects the portal also acts as a platform to discuss general issues related to the ministry.
Launching of this portal is in tune with the NDA government’s focus on reviving investment climate in the country by removing policy bottlenecks related to infrastructure projects.
When: 26 March 2015