The Union Ministry of Tourism on 27 September 2015 launched several new initiatives to augment tourism related infrastructure and manpower in the country.
The initiatives were launched in New Delhi to mark the World Tourism Day.
The details of some of the new initiatives launched are
Medical and Wellness Tourism Board
• It has been formed to tap the potential and advantages that India has in the field of medical and wellness tourism.
• It will be chaired by the Union Tourism Minister.
• Besides the chairman, it will have members representing the related Government Departments, Tourism & Hospitality sector and experts in the Medical, Wellness and Yoga.
• It will be established with an initial corpus of 2 crore rupees.
• Along with regular medical facilities, the AYUSH facilities will be promoted by the board.
Tourism Vision Document 2030
• It goes into the challenges for the sector and details the way towards Vision 2030. It has been commissioned by the Experience India Society and prepared by KPMG.
• Ashok Institute of Hospitality & Tourism Management (AIH & TM) – Centre of Excellence:
• It will supply trained manpower to the Hospitality Industry and tourism industry.
• It is part of the HRD division of India Tourism Development Corporation Ltd.,(ITDC) a PSU under Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
• It provides the students with a world class contemporary education to have an edge over others in the field.
• The courses offered will be a blend of the rich heritage and culture of India and hospitality management education system.
• It will be operated from Hotel Samrat in New Delhi.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: New Delhi
When: 27 September 2015