UP:1st phase polling to be held tomorrow
The first phase of the seven-phase UP assembly elections is scheduled to begin tomorrow. The voting would be spread across 15 districts of west Uttar Pradesh.
The first phase of polling in Uttar Pradesh assembly elections begins tomorrow, on 11 February 2017.
With 73 Assembly constituencies of 15 districts up for polls, the vote will decide the fate of 840 candidates. A total of 2 Cr 59 Lakh people are eligible to cast their votes in all the constituencies combined.
• Among the total number of eligible voters, around 1 Cr and 17 lakh are women and more than 1500 voters identify themselves as the third gender.
• Elaborate arrangements have been made in all the districts that are going to poll including Ghaziabad, Meerut, Hathras and Bagpat.
• Meerut alone has more than 24 lakh 46 thousand eligible voters who will decide the fate of 72 candidates contesting from 7 assembly constituencies.
- A total of 1181 polling centres have been set up in the district for tomorrow’s vote.
- Around 20000 central paramilitary forces and other police forces have been brought in and stationed at different points in the district.
• Out of the 887 polling centres in Muzaffarnagar, around 600 have been identified as critical centres. Video cameras have been set up at these critical zones to maintain a strict vigil.
• Besides this, a total of sixty companies of paramilitary forces would be stationed at all the polling centres in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli.
• The step has been taken to make the voters feel secure, especially in the areas that witnessed the 2013 communal riots.
Following is the list of districts included in the first phase of UP Assembly polls:
Gautam Buddha Nagar