Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 07 October to 13 October 2019
The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Nobel Prize 2019, Global Competitiveness Index 2019 and World Mental Health Day 2019 among others.
07 October to 13 October 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Nobel Prize 2019, Global Competitiveness Index 2019 and World Mental Health Day 2019 among others.
1. Choose the correct pair of names which was recently named for Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2019.
a. Sir Gregory P. Winter, George P. Smith, Frances H. Arnold
b. Akira Yoshino, M Stanley Whittingham and John B Goodenough
c. William Kaelin Jr, Sir Peter Ratcliffe and Gregg Semenza
d. James Peebles, Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz
2. Choose the correct pair of names which was recently named for Nobel Prize in Physics 2019.
a. Frances H. Arnold, George P. Smith, Sir Gregory P. Winter
b. William Kaelin Jr, Sir Peter Ratcliffe and Gregg Semenza
c. Michel Mayor, Didier Queloz and James Peebles
d. Akira Yoshino, M Stanley Whitting and John B Goodenough
3. When among the following is World Post Day observed?
a. 09 October
b. 10 October
c. 11 October
d. 12 October
4. What was the India’s rank in Global Competitiveness Index 2019?
5. Which country was ranked number one in Global Competitiveness Index 2019?
6. Which country’s military offensive in Syria was condemned by India recently?
7. Which state has lifted travel restrictions on tourists?
b. Madhya Pradesh
d. Jammu and Kashmir
8. Select a date when World Mental Health Day 2019 is observed.
a. 08 October
b. 09 October
c. 10 October
d. 11 October
9. What is the new honorarium amount that will be given to ASHA workers?
10. What is the name of a national programme launched by the Government to encourage talented children to enrich their skills?
Answers with Explanation
1. (b) Akira Yoshino, M Stanley Whittingham and John B Goodenough
The Nobel Prize committee has announced names of Akira Yoshino, M Stanley Whittingham and John B Goodenough for Nobel Chemistry Award 2019.They developed lightweight, energy-efficient and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
2. (c) Michel Mayor, Didier Queloz and James Peebles
Michel Mayor, Didier Queloz and James Peebles were announced for the Nobel Prize in Physics 2019 jointly. They were named for Physics Nobel because of theoretical discoveries in physical cosmology.
3. (a) 09 October
Every Year on October 09, World Post Day is observed globally. The day is observed to commemorate the establishment anniversary of Universal Postal Union.
4. (c) 68
India has ranked 68 in Global Competitiveness Index 2019. India slipped 10 places to be ranked at this position. However, Singapore was ranked number one in the index.
5. (d) Singapore
Singapore successfully secured the top position in Global Competitiveness Index 2019. Singapore scored 84.8 points to get this position. The United States was slipped to the second spot.
6. (b) Turkey
India condemned Turkey for its unilateral military offensive in north-east Syria. The Indian government said that Turkey should respect Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
7. (d) Jammu and Kashmir
After almost two months, Jammu and Kashmir have lifted the travel ban on tourists. On August 2, 2019, a security advisory was issued to all tourists to leave the valley with immediate effect due to terror threats.
8. (c) 10 October
On 10 October 2019, The World Mental Day was observed across the globe. This year’s theme was suicide prevention’. Its major objective was to raise awareness regarding mental health issues.
9. (b) Rs 2000
Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Union Cabinet gave its approval to double the honorarium for ASHA workers to Rs 2000 per month. Earlier, they were getting just Rs. 1,000 per month.
10. (a) DHRUV
Union HRD Ministry has recently launched the PM Innovative Learning Programme – DHRUV to inspire and encourage talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge. It was launched from the ISRO Headquarters at Bengaluru. The selected student will be named as Dhruv Tara, as per the initiative.
Also Read: Top Current Affairs Quiz: 12 October 2019
Also Read: Top Current Affairs Quiz: 11 October 2019