Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 1 April to 7 April 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics such as ISRO’s EMISAT, new Japanese Era and MH 60 Romeo Seahawk among others.
1 April to 7 April 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics such as ISRO’s EMISAT, new Japanese Era and MH 60 Romeo Seahawk among others.
1. Which country recently honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration Zayed Medal?
a) United Arab Emirates
b) South Korea
c) Saudi Arabia
2. Which country has approved the sale of 24 MH 60 Romeo Seahawk helicopters to India?
3. The United Nations has appointed Nicholas Koumjian as the investigation head for which nation?
a) North Korea
4. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on April 1, 2019 launched which satellite?
5. India recently gained access to the supplies of Lithium Carbonate from which country?
b) S Korea
6. Which country has agreed to issue equivalency to all Indian degrees?
b) Saudi Arabia
7. What is the name of Japan’s new imperial era that will begin on May 1, 2019?
8. According to which report, India and China have collectively accounted for more than 50% of global five million deaths due to air pollution?
a) Air Pollution and World-2019
b) State of Global Air-2019
c) Statistics of Air-2018-19
d) Human life and air pollution-2019
9. The Bank of Baroda became the third largest lender of India by merging with which two banks?
a) RBL Bank and Vijaya Bank
b) Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
c) RBL Bank and IDBI Bank
d) IDBI Bank and Dena Bank
10. Which social media platform launched the “Why am I seeing this post” feature?
11. Which country recently introduced harsh sharia laws that make adultery and homsexuality punishable by stoning to death?
12. Which country has won the ICC Test Championship mace for the third consecutive year?
b) South Africa
c) New Zealand
1. (a) United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on April 4, 2019 honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration, Zayed Medal in recognition of his "pivotal role" in strengthening ties between the two nations.
2. (c) US
The United States has approved the sale of 24 multi-role MH-60 ‘Romeo’ Seahawk helicopters to India at an estimated cost of 2.4 billion US dollars. The MH-60 Romeo Seahawk helicopter is considered to be the world's most advanced maritime helicopter. The helicopters are designed to hunt down submarines, as well as knock out ships and conduct search-and-rescue operations at sea.
3. (b) Myanmar
The UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Nicholas Koumjian of the US as head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar. Koumjian will be the first head of the Myanmar mechanism, which was established by the Human Rights Council on September 27, 2018.
4. (a) EMISAT
Indian space agency, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on April 1, 2019 launched the electronic intelligence satellite EMISAT along with 28 other satellites of global customers. Emisat was launched into an altitude of 749 km orbit, while the 28 satellites were launched at an altitude of 504 km orbit.
5. (a) Bolivia
India and Bolivia agreed to forge mutually beneficial partnership to facilitate Bolivian supplies of lithium Carbonate to India and foster joint ventures for Lithium battery and cell production plants in India.
6. (c) UAE
The UAE Education Ministry has agreed to accept Indian academic and professional certificates after the Indian side issued clarification on the issue of the external and internal marks mentioned in mark lists. The UAE government had earlier rejected the equivalency of some Indian degrees due to lack of clarity about the fact that some of the Indian universities issue both internal and external mark sheets as part of their degrees.
7. (a) Reiwa
Japan on April 1, 2019 declared ‘Reiwa’ as the name of its new imperial era that will begin on May 1, 2019 once the new Crown Prince Naruhito ascends the Chrysanthemum Throne. Crown Prince Naruhito will succeed his father Emperor Akihito, who will abdicate the empire on April 30, 2019, putting an end to three decades long ‘Heisei’ era.
8. (b) State of Global Air-2019
Two US based institutes Health Effects Institute (HEI) and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) recently released a detailed report on quality of the global air with title, “State of Global Air 2019”. Report says that India and China have collectively accounted for more than fifty percent of global 5 million deaths due to air pollution.
9. (b) Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank became a part of the Bank of Baroda on April 1, 2019, leading to the creation of the India's second largest Public Sector Bank after the SBI and India’s third largest lender overall after the SBI and ICICI Banks with a total business of more than Rs 14.82 lakh crore.
10. (c) Facebook
Facebook introduced a new feature titled “Why am I seeing this post” to help users understand and control the kind of posts surfacing on their News Feed from friends, Pages, and Groups.
11. (c) Brunei
Brunei introduced harsh new sharia laws that make adultery and homsexuality punishable by stoning to death. The new measures also cover a range of other crimes, including punishment for theft by amputation. The laws make Brunei the first in Southeast Asia to have a sharia penal code at the national level.
12. (d) India
India have retained the ICC Test Championship Mace and won the purse of USD 1 million for a third successive year on April 1, 2019. India won this award after finishing at the top of the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings on the cut-off date of April 1, while New Zealand have ensured second place.