Forbes India on March 5, 2018 released the "W-Power Trailblazers" issue 2018, featuring 25 women stars on the ascendency in business.
Now in its second edition, the W-Power Trailblazers throws the light on female role models be it entrepreneurs or professionals who can persuade others to dream bigger and climb higher through their work and leadership.
25 Women Stars
• The 25 women stars included names like Chiki Sarkar, publisher of Juggernaut Books, Adhuna Bhabani, founder-director of Bblunt, Anupriya Acharya, CEO (India) of Publicis Media.
• Kavitha Sairam, co-founder of FIB-SOL Life Technologies, Dina Wadia and Shivpriya Nanda, joint managing partners of J Sagar Associates also made it to the issue this time.
• There is Wilma Rodrigues of Saahas Waste Management that takes care of 30 tonnes of solid waste per day in Bengaluru
• Hemalatha Annamalai, founder of Ampere Vehicles, maker of electric two-and-three-wheelers, also makes into the group.
• The issue includes top professionals like Renu Satti of Paytm Payments Bank and Nisha Dutt of Intellecap.
• Malini Agarwal, Founder and creative director of MissMalini Entertainment, also made it into the issue. Her venture MissMalini.com that got kicked off with a couch and laptop as an office, today it is a full-fledged entertainment company with 12 to 13 bloggers and a team of 47.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
• W-Power Trailblazers issue lists 25 such women who are shattering all stereotypes by driving their career and businesses individually.
• These 25 women are picked by jury of hall-of-famers including Vinita Bali, Naina Lal Kidwai, Zia Mody, Kalpana Morparia, Swati Piramal, Ashu Suyash and Ireena Vittal.
• A long list compiled by the Forbes India team was given to them, along with five criteria to consider. The final list is put together based on jury votes.
• It is not a ranking but a qualitative selection of women who are groundbreakers, game-changers and innovators.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
India's Statue of Unity visible from space: Commercial satellite network 'Planet'
Union Government, ADB sign loan agreements worth USD 574 million for various projects in India
Government approves 3 proposals under Nirbhaya Fund; 1023 Fast Track Courts to be set up
Current Affairs in Short: 16 November 2018