The 20th century world is full of the masterpieces of human creative genius with the help of Science and Technology. Jiaozuo Bay Bridge is one of the best examples that consolidate coastal city of the East China Province into an international shipping centre for Northeast Asia. Jiaozuo Bay Bridge is the world’s longest bridge, followed by Lake Pontchartrain Causeway is at 38.44 km (23.89 miles) and in future world's longest title will be challenged by under construction Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge with an aggregate 50.0 km (31.1 miles) of bridges and tunnels. Here, we are giving 5 interesting fact about World's Longest Sea Bridge i.e. Jiaozuo Bay Bridge for general awareness.
1. Bridge was built in 4 years, but the authorities and experts took 17 years of exploration, planning, design and bidding.
2. It is made up of a series of arches that is supported by piers used to carry a road (or railway) over a valley on the Beijing–Shanghai High-Speed Railway.
3. It is a 26.4 miles long with eight lanes and made by connecting 5200 pillars.
4. The Bridge can resist the natural calamities like earthquake, typhoon etc. and also stand firmly on the impact of 300,000-ton of the ship.
5. It has the world's largest number of overseas bored concrete piles.