India is a good example of democracy, multiculturalism, diversity and it is a very open society to assimilate the cults and culture beyond its boundaries. Indus Valley Civilization is the world’s oldest civilization. India, hence, is the world’s oldest, most advanced and continuous civilization. It has the world’s third largest active army, after China and USA. Here, we are giving 10 multiple choice questions about testing the knowledge of India- A land of Diversity that must be known by every Indian.
1. Which of the following is the India’s biggest River Island?
B. Ile a Mofil
C. Zhongshan Island
D. Chongming Island
2. India is a federal union comprising twenty-nine states and how many union territories?
3. Which state has Almond as its State Tree?
A. Himachal Pradesh
C. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Arunachal Pradesh
4. Which of the following Indian Peninsular River known as ‘Dakshin Ganga’?
A. The Brahmani
B. The Cauvery
C. The Godavari
D. The Krishna
5. Which is the largest lagoon lake of India and second largest lagoon lake of world after Lagoa das patos of South America?
A. Vembanad Lake
B. Kolleru Lake
D. Chilka Lake
6. Which is a saltwater lake in India was created by a meteor hitting the Earth and is one of its kinds in India?
A. Wular Lake
B. Sambhar Lake
C. Lonar Lake
D. Chilka Lake
7. Which was the first university in the world; it started around 700 BC?
A. Vikaramshila Universtiy
B. Takshila University
C. Darbhanga University
D. Nalanda University
8. Which of the following place where the Constituent Assembly met for the first time on 9thDecember 1946?
A. In the library of the Council Chamber, Delhi
B. In the library of the Council Chamber, Calcutta
C. In the library of the Council Chamber, Madras
D. None of the above
9. Who is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha ?
A. President of India
B. Vice President of India
C. Prime Minister of India
D. Chosen from the members of the Rajya Sabha
10. India's name is derived from the ------:
A. Yamuna River
B. Indus River
C. Saraswati River
D. Ganga River