Here is the quiz of 10 MCQs with answers based on Indian polity for the tough competitive exams of India. This set meets the standard of exams like IAS/PCS/SSC/Banking etc.
1. Which of the following statement is correct about the Prime Minister of India?
A. His tenure is fixed and described in the constitution
B. Prime Minister will be appointed by the President of India
C. Article 75 of the Constitution of India states that there will be a Cabinet of Ministers which will lend advice to President and be headed by the Prime Minister
D. All are correct
2. Which constitutional amendment states that the number of Ministers in the Union Cabinet cannot be more than 15 percent of the total strength of the House?
A. 91st amendment
B. 92nd amendment
C. 93rd amendment
D. 94th amendment
3. Which of the following statement about the fundamental duties is incorrect?
A. Fundamental duties were added in our Constitution by 42nd amendment in 1978 in Part 4
B. At present under Article 51 A we have 11 fundamental duties
C. It is the duty of all citizens to protect environment
D. According to 86th amendment act, all the children aged between 6 to 14 years of age will be imparted free education.
4. Which of the following statement is true about emergency?
A. Duration of state emergency increased to 6 months from 3 months in 1976.
B. Article 360 tells about the financial emergency in the country. It is used once in 1991.
C. All the fundamental rights are scrapped under the emergency except article 21 and 22.
D. President can declare the emergency only on the written recommendation of the cabinet.
5. In connection with amendment to the preamble of the constitution, which of the following statement is NOT correct?
A. In Berubari Union Case (1960) Supreme Court said that Preamble is a part of Constitution of India.
B. The Preamble of the Constitution has never been amended.
C. The Preamble of the constitution has only been amended once.
D. By 42nd amendment act, three new words viz. Socialist, secular and Integrity were added.
6. When the office of President of India becomes vacant and there is no Vice President, who will become the Acting President?
A. Speaker of Lok Sabha
B. Attorney General of India
C. Deputy Chairperson of Rajya Sabha
D. Chief Justice of Supreme Court
7. Which of the following statement is correct about the Parliament of India?
A. Article 79 to 122 declares the powers, processes and organisation of the Parliament of India.
B. Article 79 states that the Federation should have a Parliament.
C. Article 72 declares about the organisation of Rajya Sabha
D. Not more than 20 people can represent Union Territories
8. Which of the following declares India as a Secular State?
A. Preamble to the Constitution
B. Directive Principles of State Policy
C. Art. 19
D. Fundamental duties
9. Which of the following is correct about the State Finance Commission?
A. Under Article 280, on the lines of Union Finance Commission, State Finance Commissions were established in all the States
B. The objective of State Finance Commission is to review the status of Finances for Panchayats
C. What kind of taxes, fees, toll etc. can be handed over to Panchayats is decided by them.
D. All of the above
10. Which of the following bills needs the approval of President of India before being introduced to the Parliament?
(1) Bill with regard to formation of a new State
(2) Such tax related bills where States are involved
(3) To change the boundaries of States
(4) On Money Bills
Choose the right option:
D. All of the above