GK Quiz on Regional Dances of India
India has diversity in Unity. It is a land of various traditions and cultures. Indian folk and tribal dances are the product of social and economic set up. India is also famous for festivals and celebrations which almost took place every day and dances are the mark of celebrations which enhances its culture and joy. As we all know folk dance, regional dance are performed for every occasions and each and every state has its own dance form. Indian folk dances are full of energy and vitality. Some regional dances are performed by both men and women while in some men or women perform dance separately. Also, they have specific costume. In this article we are discussing various regional dances of India in the form of MCQs.
1. Name the popular folk song of Uttar Pradesh?
2. Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
A. Kuchipudi – Madhya Pradesh
B. Kathakali – Kerala
C. Bharatnatyam – Andhra Pradesh
D. Kathak – Tamil Nadu
3. In which State of India Luddi dance is performed?
D. Madhya Pradesh
4. Name the dance which was revived by Vallathol?
5. Ankia Nat is a dance form of:
A. Andhra Pradesh
D. Jammu and Kashmir
6. Name a folk dance with social themes. It has two main traditions – Hathras tradition and Kanpur tradition?
7. Which among the following is not like others?
8. Which among the following is a folk dance of India?
9. Who had popularized the Indian classical dance abroad?
A. Kelucharan Mohapatra
B. Rukmani Devi
C. Gopi Krishna
D. Uday Shankar
10. Rouf is a dance of which State of India?
B. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Tamil Nadu
Image Source: www. image.slidesharecdn.com