India has diversity in Unity. It is a land of various traditions and cultures. Indian folk and tribal dances are the product of social and economic set up. India is also famous for festivals and celebrations which almost took place every day and dances are the mark of celebrations which enhances its culture and joy. As we all know folk dance, regional dance are performed for every occasions and each and every state has its own dance form. Indian folk dances are full of energy and vitality. Some regional dances are performed by both men and women while in some men or women perform dance separately. Also, they have specific costume. In this article we are discussing various regional dances of India in the form of MCQs.
Source: www. image.slidesharecdn.com
1. Name the popular folk song of Uttar Pradesh?
2. Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
A. Kuchipudi – Madhya Pradesh
B. Kathakali – Kerala
C. Bharatnatyam – Andhra Pradesh
D. Kathak – Tamil Nadu
Kuchipuddi is a solo dance of AndhraPradesh, Bharatanatyam is poetry in motion a solo dance, originated in the temples of South India, Kathak dance form is originated in North India.
3. In which State of India Luddi dance is performed?
D. Madhya Pradesh
Luddi Dance is popular in Mandi district and focuses on the movement of the body and fast steps like swinging tree branches.
4. Name the dance which was revived by Vallathol?
Kathakali is a dance form of Kerala. Poet Bashir Vallathol revived Kathakali in its present form.
5. Ankia Nat is a dance form of:
A. Andhra Pradesh
D. Jammu and Kashmir
Ankia Nat is a dance and singing of classical ragas by men.
All about World’s Only Hanging Monastery
6. Name a folk dance with social themes. It has two main traditions – Hathras tradition and Kanpur tradition?
7. Which among the following is not like others?
Except Karnataki all are dance forms. Karnataki is a classical music.
8. Which among the following is a folk dance of India?
Folk dance in India. that are performed across villages and cities are Bhangra, Garba, Kalbelia and Bihu.
9. Who had popularized the Indian classical dance abroad?
A. Kelucharan Mohapatra
B. Rukmani Devi
C. Gopi Krishna
D. Uday Shankar
Uday Shankar popularized the Indian classical dance abroad.
10. Rouf is a dance of which State of India?
B. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Tamil Nadu
Rouf is a dance form of Jammu and Kashmir. It is performed by women during festivals and harvesting.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.