The Swadeshi Movement had its genesis in the anti-partition movement which was started to oppose the British decision to partition Bengal. The formal proclamation was made on 7th August, 1905 with the passing of the Boycott resolution in a meeting at the Calcutta town hall, which brought about the unification of the hitherto dispersed leadership. Here, we are giving 10 GK Questions and Answers on Swadeshi Movement during British India, which is designed according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Who was the Viceroy of India during Swadeshi Movement?
A. Lord Curzon
B. Lord Irwin
C. Lord Willingdon
D. Lord Lansdowne
2. Who among the following is not the chief architect of Swadeshi Movement?
A. Aurobindo Ghosh
B. MK Gandhi
C. Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak
D. Bipin Chandra Pal
3. Who among the following opened cooperative stores and headed the Swadeshi Wastu Pracharini Sabha during Swadeshi Movement?
A. Lala Lajpat Rai
B. Syed Haider Raza
C. Lokmanya Tilak
D. Chidambaram Pillai
4. Who set up Swadesh Bandhab Samiti to propagate the Swadeshi Movement?
A. Surendranath Banerjee
B. Rabindra Nath Tagore
C. G K Gokhale
D. Ashwini Kumar Dutt
5. Who was the president of Indian national Congress during Swadeshi Movement?
A. Dadabhai Naoroji
B. A O Hume
C. M K Gandhi
D. B G Tilak
6. What was/were the serious consequence of the Swadesh Movement?
A. Emergence of Communal politics
B. Split of Indian National Congress
C. Partition of Bengal
D. Both B & C
7. Which of the following extremist leader murdered Kennedy on April 30, 1908?
A. Subramaniyam Bharati
B. Khudiram Bose and Prafulla Chaki
C. Hemachandra Kanungo
D. Sachindranath Sanyal
8. Who promoted Swadeshi Movement in Punjab through the Brahmo-leaning group which began 'The Tribune newspaper'?
A. Sunder Lal
B. Lala Lajpat Roy
C. Lala Harkishan Lal
D. Kalisankar Sukul
9. Who among the founder of the Anushilan Samiti in Calcutta during Swadeshi Movement?
A. Promotha Mitter
B. Barindrakumar Ghosh
C. Jatindranath Bannerjee
D. All of the above
10. Who supported the Swadeshi Movement during the Benaras session of the Indian National Congress?
A. G K Gokhale
B. Abdul Halim Guznavi
C. BG Tilak
D. Satish Chandra Mukherjee
In the above 10 GK Questions and Answers on Swadeshi Movement during British India, will help the aspirants to understand the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
GK Questions and Answers on the Champaran Satyagraha
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India