GK Questions and Answers on the Sangam Age
The term Sangam is a Sanskrit word which means confluence or association. The literature of this era describes the origin and growth of three important states of Pandya, Chola and Chera.
1. Assertion (A): The assemblage of literary figures was known as Sangam.
Reason (R): Tamil was the language of Sangam literature.
A. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
B. Both A and R are true but R is not a correct explanation of A
C. A is true but R is false
D. Both A & R is not true
2. Match the following with dynasty and royal insignia
a. Chera 1. Fish
b. Chola 2. Tigar
C. Pandaya 3. Bow
a b c
A. 3 2 1
B. 1 2 3
C. 3 1 2
D. 2 1 3
3. Who among the following started Kannagi worship?
4. Which Sangam ruler started sugarcane cultivation?
5. Match the following with tribes and their Gods
a. Kurava 1. Vendana
b. Minavar 2. Varunan
c. Ayar 3. Mayon
d. Marawar 4. Korravar
e. Vellal 5. Sayan
a b c d e
A. 5 2 3 4 1
B. 1 2 3 4 5
C. 4 3 2 1 5
D. 1 3 5 2 4
6. Match the following with social caste/class during Sangam Age
a. Arasar 1. Ruling Class
b. Andanar 2. Brahaman Caste
c. Venigar 3. Vaishya Class
d. Vellar 4. Peasant Class
a b c d
A. 4 3 2 1
B. 3 2 1 4
C. 1 2 3 4
D. 4 1 3 2
7. Which Sangam ruler started Sea-worship and brought Pahruli river in existence?
8. What was the term used for forced tax during Sangam Age?
9. What does trader guild called during Sangam period?
C. Vanik Dhatru
10. Roaming groups of dancers and musicians visiting the royal court were known as:
A. Vanik Dhatru and Vaani Mridul
B. Dooter and Ulavar
C. Natarkin and Agosa
D. Panar and Vidailiyar
In the above 10 GK Questions and Answers on the Sangam Age consists of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will attune and equipped the readers according to the evolving nature of different competitive examinations.