GK Questions & Answers on Modern Indian History: Indian National Movement Set 4 consists of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that are designed as per the latest patterns of examinations like UPSC (IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, CDS, and NDA), State-PSC, SSC, Railways and other competitive examinations and also gives you an ample of practice to evaluate your preparation for upcoming exams.
1. Which Muslim leader joined the Home Rule League founded by Annie Besant?
A. Mohammed Iqbal
B. Mohammed Ali Jinnah
C. Syed Ahmad Khan
D. Abul Kalam Azad
2. With reference to the Swadeshi Movement during the Indian Freedom Struggle, which of the following statements is NOT correct?
A. The theme song of Swadeshi Movement in Bengal was “Amar Sonar Bangla”.
B. Syed Haider Raza led the Swadeshi Movement in India.
C. Ganpati and Shivaji festivals became a medium of the movement.
D. The Surat split in 1907 weakened the Swadeshi Movement.
3. Who stated that the Revolt of 1857 was “neither the first, nor national, nor war of independence”?
A. V. D. Savarkar
B. S. N. Sen
C. R. C. Majumdar
D. Benjamin Disraeli
4. Who among the following was a leader of Wahabi Movement?
A. Mohammed Ali
B. Ajmal Khan
C. Syed Ahmad
D. M. A. Ansari
5. What was the reason for opposing Simon Commission in India?
A. Due to absence of any Indian Member in the Commission.
B. It had an Anti Indian sentiment.
C. Both (A) & (B)
D. None of the above
6. Who was the founder of Aligarh movement?
A. Liaqat Ali Khan
B. Dadabhai Naoroji
C. Sir Sayyed Ahmed Khan
D. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
7. Which battle decided the full control of British in India?
8. Who has written the novel Anand Math?
A. Sharat Chandra
B. Bankim Chandra
C. Guru Dutt
D. RN Tagore
9. Kunwar Singh led the 1857 revolt in which area of Bihar?
10. Which of the following statements regarding the Nehru Report are correct?
1. It favoured Dominion Status.
2. It favoured a federal system.
3. It rejected the system of Communal Electorate.
4. It was against the setting up of a Supreme Court.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
A. 1 and 4
B. 1 and 3
C. 2,3 and 4
D. 1,2 and 3
For Detail Study of History of Modern India Click here.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.