GK Questions with answers on Geography India - Drainage System Set IV in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will help you to attune and equipped for different competitive examinations.
1. Which of the following river originates from Mansrovar Lake in Tibet and flows between Zaskar and Ladhak Ranges?
2. Name the river that originates from Verinag Stream in Jammu & Kashmir and passes through Wular Lake in Kashmir Valley?
3. The River which is one of the largest rivers of the world and it is locally called Sengge Khabab in Tibet. Name it?
4. The Pong Reservoir is constructed across which river?
A. Chenab (Askini)
B. Ravi (Parushni)
C. Sutlej (Satudari)
D. Beas (Vipasha)
5. Which of the following river is known as Langchen Khambab in Tibet?
6. Select the odd pair of rivers and their tributaries?
A. Brahamputra River: Lohit
B. Ganga : Gomti
C. Mahanadi: Godavari
D. Brahamputra : Pagladia
7. On which river Hundru waterfall is located?
8. Which is the largest fresh water riverine island in the world?
A. Bhavani Island
C. Dibru Saikhowa
9. Find out the correct name of east flowing peninsular river Subarnrekha?
A. Kanchi and Karfari
B. Pumba and Periyar
C. Lohit and Tista
D. Kali and Sarda
10. A famous Hindu, temple, Omkareshwar is situated on which of the following the river bank?