The Ilbari Dynasty of Delhi Sultanate was the first dynasty of the Sultanate. Qutub-ud-Din Aibak was the founder who was bought by Muhammad Ghori and gradually rose to be his trusted general on account of his soldierly abilities. Here, we are giving 10 GK Questions with Answers on Ilbari Dynasty of Delhi Sultanate that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examinations like UPSC-prelims, IAS-prelims, SSC, CDS, NDA, State Services, and Railways etc.
1. What does the term Mameluq signifies?
A. Slave born to the free parents
B. Slavery mode of production
C. Slave born from the slave parents
D. All of the above
2. Who among the following ruler from the Ilbary dynasty died of injuries while playing Chaugan (Polo) at Lahore?
A. Shams-ud-Din Iltutumish
B. Qutub-ud-Din Aibak
C. Razia Begum
D. Rukunuddin Firoz
3. Which of the following literary work primarily dealing with Aibak?
C. Tazul Masir of Hasan Nizami
4. Which ruler from the Delhi Sultanate saved Sultante from Changez Khan’s attack by refusing to give any shelter to Jalal-ud-din?
A. Rukunuddin Firoz
B. Qutub-ud-Din Aibak
C. Nasir-ud-din Mahmud
D. Shams-ud-Din Iltutumish
5. What do you mean by Turkan-i-Chahalgani?
A. Group of forty ruling elite
B. Group of forty ministers
C. Group of forty Islamic representatives
D. None of the above
6. Who among the following known as the "slave of a slave"?
A. Muhammad bin Qasim
B. Mahmud of Ghazni
D. Qutub-ud-din Aibak
7. Which of following Sultan of Delhi Sultanate to issue regular currency and to declare Delhi as the capital of his empire?
B. Aram Shah
C. Nasiruddin Mahmud
8. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
A. Fakhruddin – Qutub-ud-din Aibek
B. Hasan-un-Nizami – Iltutmish
C. Changez Khan- Jala-ud-din
D. Battle of Terrain – Yalduz
9. Assertion (A): Iltutmish introduced reforms in civil administration and army which was now centrally paid.
Reason (R): Iltutmish was the first Sultan to recognise the economic importance of Gangetic basin
A. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
B. Both A and R are true but R is not a correct explanation of A
C. A is true but R is false
D. Both A & R is true
10. Who among the following Sultan of Delhi Sultanate adopted a policy of blood and iron?
B. Nasir-ud-din Mahmud
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
GK Questions and Answers on the Champaran Satyagraha
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India