GK Quiz on Astronomy Set II
GK Quiz on Astronomy Set II, in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will help you to attune and equipped for different competitive examinations.
1. The planet whose density is less than water and on keeping in the water it will start to float:
2. The jet aircrafts fly very easily and smoothly in the lower stratosphere. What could be the appropriate explanation?
I. There are no clouds or water vapour in the lower stratosphere.
II. There is no vertical wind in the lower stratosphere
Which of the statements given above is/ are correct in this context?
A. I only
B. II only
C. Both I and II
D. Neither I nor II
3. Which is the nearest of the sun?
A. Beta centaury
B. Alpha centaury
C. Gamma centaury
D. Proxima centaury
4. The planet Neptune was discovered by:
5. Which of the following is the nearest planet from the Sun?
6. The smallest planet of the solar system:
7. Which of the following is not a planet of solar system?
8. Which one of the following stars is the nearest star from the earth?
A. Pole Star
9. The small groups of planetary pieces which are confined and revolving between Mars and Jupiter are called:
C. Celestial bodies
10. Halley's comet completes one revolution around the sun in:
A. 40 years
B. 46 years
C. 60 years
D. 76 years