GK Quiz on GreenPHABLET & Lima Call for Climate Action
Dear Students, the team of jagran josh is presenting you a set of 10 questions based on GreenPHABLET & Lima Call for Climate Action. These questions are very relevant for the current exams. So solve this set and boost your chances of selection.
1. International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) launched………..for small farmers.
B. White Tablet
C. Satellite Tablet
2. The GreenPHABLET is made for the use of:
(A. Big farmers
(B. Marginal famers
(C. Small farmers
(D. Agro processing industries
3. ICRISAT is a non-profit agricultural research organization headquartered in………
(A. Hyderabad, Telangana
(B. Pant nagar, Gujarat
(C. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
(D. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
4. Which of the following statement/s is true?
I. The GreenSIM is a special SIM card that can be used with any mobile phone.
II. ICRISAT is a non-profit agricultural research organization headquartered in Madhya Pradesh.
III. Charter of ICRISAT was signed by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
A. Only I, II
B. Only I,III
C. Only II, III
D. All, I, II, III
5. In India and elsewhere, biomass can be obtained from
A. Groundnut shells
B. Sugarcane bagasse
C. Rice husk
D. All of the above
6. Lima Call for Climate Action was issued on the conclusion of:
(A. 20th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP)
(B. 19th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP)
(C. 18th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP)
(D. 17th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP)
7. Who was the head of the Lima call for Climate Action?
(A. Joe Hockey
(B. Manuel Pulgar-Vidal
(C. Haruhiko Kureda
(D. Jow Biden
8. Which of the following statement/s is true about Lima Climate Action?
I. Pledges were made to the Green Climate Fund in Lima by the governments of Norway, Australia, Belgium, Peru, Colombia.
II. Nazca Climate Action Portal was launched as part of Lima Climate Action Agenda by the Government of Peru with support from the UNFCCC.
III. Lima Work Programme on Gender aims to advance gender balance and to promote gender sensitivity in developing and implementing climate policy.
(A. Only I, II
(B. Only II,III
(C. All are true
D. None of the above
9. By 2100 AD, global temperature is expected to rise by about 2°C and consequently, the sea level by about 50 cm from the present level. How is a rise in temperature expected to increase the level of the sea?
A. By expanding ocean water
B. By melting mountain glaciers
C. By causing ice sheets of Antarctica and Greenland to melt and slide into the oceans
D. All of the above
10. Dodo is termed as………………species.
B. Critically Endangered