GK Quiz on Modern Indian History Set XII consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Who among the following leaders of the Revolt of 1857 managed to escape to Nepal?
I. Kunwar Singh
II. Nana Sahab
III. Begum of Awadh
IV. Bakht Khan
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
A. I and II
B. I and IV
C. II and IV
D. II and III
2. Match List-l (Leaders) with List-II (Centres of revolt) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
a. Kunwar Singh 1. Faizabad
b. Nana Saheb 2. Bihar
c. Hazrat Mahal 3. Lucknow
d. Ahmadullah 4. Kanpur
A B C D
A. 2 4 3 1
B. 4 2 1 3
C. 2 4 1 3
D. 4 1 3 2
3. Which of the following leader gave the safety valve theory for Indian National Congress and said that it was brain child of Lord Dufferin?
A. Dadabhai Nairoji
B. M N Roy
C. Lala Lajpat Rai
D. Motilal Nehru
4. Who was the author of the Book, the Indian War of Independence, 1857?
A. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan
B. V.D. Savarkar
C. R.S Sharma
D. R.C. Majumdar
5. Which of the following place where the first meeting/session of the Indian National Congress was held?
6. Which of the following British Prime Minister headed the First Round Table Conference in London?
B. Ramsay McDonald
7. Which of the following leader did not attended the First Round Table Conference?
A. M. K. Gandhi
B. Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru
C. Dr. Ambedkar
D. Y. Chintamani
8. When was the First Round Table Conference held?
9. When was M.K Gandhi participated in the Second Round Table Conference?
A. Signing the Gandhi-Irwin Pact of March, 1931
B. Getting assurance from the Muslim League that it would not oppose his claim to represent the whole of India
C. Fruitful talks with Sapru
D. Receiving assurances that independence was fast coming
10. Why was the Second Round Table Conference failed?
A. Priority to be given to communal question
B. Suspension of Civil Disobedience Movement
C. Grant of Dominion Status
D. Date of transfer of power