Green E-Clearance is a concept of giving environmental clearance for industrial project. The Ministry of Environment and Forest (India) has made it mandatory to obtain Environmental Clearances for Construction projects having covered built-up area greater than 20,000m2. The Green E-Clearances (EC) Projects has dealt with a wide range of projects, from small residential buildings, commercial complexes to large scale townships across the country.
The Project Monitoring Group (PMG) decided setup an online portal- Green e-clearance for infrastructure projects in the in the backdrop of logjam. This project was basically drafted and instituted for easing the process of green clearances faster, more predictable; will improve infrastructure and will boost the confidence of entrepreneurs and investors. The provisions of Green E-Clearance are given below:
1. It was operational from July 1, 2014.
2. For approval from respective department, a company can upload all required documents on the website.
3. Company can also check the status of their application.
4. Clearances will be awarded within the stipulated time period.
5. Notified industries such as cement, chemical fertilizers, oil and gas, and power are required to get E-Clearance.
Whatever humans are getting that comes from nature directly or indirectly. Hence, it is necessary to optimise the resources without affecting the cumulative profits of the project. So, it has been proven that Sustainable development makes business. The importance of Green E-Clearance is given below:
1. At user’ level: lower running and maintenance costs – as energy prices show an increasing trend and water is getting scarce day by day, environmental credentials for a positive image; a healthy living/working environment; and energy and water security.
2. At Community Level: increase local employment; increase sense of community; assistance towards reaching local, regional and national carbon saving, air quality and renewable energy targets; Better control on Micro-climate; and Reducing the burden on local infrastructure.
3. For Environment: retaining and enhance the regional bio-diversity; conservation of natural resources; and decreases carbon emission.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.