Jagranjosh.com has published quiz on ancient Indian history. It will improve the performance of the students.
1. Which among the following was one of the major towns of Godavari region in Satavahana kingdom?
2. For which among the following reign, did the Ashoka pillar at Allahabad provide information?
3. Who defeated Harshavardhana?
a) Vima Kadphises
b) Kanishka I
d) Pulakesin II of the Chalukya dynasty
4. Which of the following Mahajanapadas and their capitals are correctly paired?
1. Kosala - Savatthi
2. Anga - Champa
3. Vamsa - Kuru
4. Magadha - Pataliputra
a) 1 and 2
b) 1 and 3
c) 1, 2 and 4
d) 1, 2 and 3
5. Which one among the following was one of the important ports of the eastern coast during Gupta period?
2. Explanation: Ashoka pillar in Allahabad is a pillar with inscriptions from Ashoka & later inscriptions accredited to Jehangir and Samudragupta. It is apparent from the inscription that the pillar was initially erected at Kaushambi and thereafter moved to Allahabad.
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India