The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released information about the All India Pre-Medical/Pre Dental Entrance Examination 2015 that is set to take place this year. The examination will not be conducted in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir this year as decided by the authority. The entrance examination for the academic session 2015-16 will take place on 3 May 2015 in selected cities across the country as well as in the abroad. The examination secures 15% merit positions in the medical/dental college seats around India. The exam conducted by CBSE offers admissions to almost 2200 MBBS and 300 BDS seats at 130 government medical and 30 dental colleges across India.
Online Registration beginning: First week of December 2014
Date of Examination: 3 May, 2015
- The candidates applying for the entrance examination should have to be at least 17 years old.
- The upper age limit over the age of candidates applying for the examination is 25 years. The relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and OBC candidates are there as per the government norms.
- Candidates awaiting results can also apply for the entrance examination.
- The AIPMT 2015 examination would consist of 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany subjects. The syllabus for the examination would be provided by the authority CBSE which could be found in their website.
- The question papers would be set both in English and Hindi, and the candidates would be free to choose from any of the languages.
- Each of the questions would carry four marks and for every wrong answer there would be negative marking.