The University of Mumbai is a state university located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and was established on 18 July 1857. The University invited applications from eligible aspirants for the recruitment to the post of Assistant Professors in different subjects.
- Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
- Total Number of Vacancies: 40
- Pay Scale: Rs 15600-39100 + AGP Rs 6000
- Deadline to receive completely filled application forms: 1 June 2013
- Deadline to receive completely filled application forms (from far flung areas): 16 June 2013
- Applicants must possess good academic record with minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University (5% marks relaxation to candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PH/ VH category candidates).
- Further, the job seekers should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC like SLET/ SET.
- Aspirants possessing Ph D in accordance with the UGC (Minimum standard and procedure for Award of Ph D degree) Regulation 2009 are exempted from NET/ SLET/ SET qualification.
Applicants who fulfil above mentioned eligibility criteria will be called for an interview by the University.
The application fee is Rs 500 for General and OBC candidates while the fee for reserved category applicants is Rs 300. The fee must be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Finance and Accounts Officer, University of Mumbai”.
How to Apply
- Intended candidates can obtain it from the Teaching Appointments Unit, Room No. 113, First Floor, Fort, Mumbai 400 032 either in person or by sending a requisition with self addressed envelope (31cm x 23 cm) bearing postage stamp to the value of Rs 30 to the University.
- The duly filled-in application form along with DD and relevant documents mentioned in the notification should be sent to in an envelope super scribed with names of the posts applied by the candidates so as to reach the Registrar, University of Mumbai, Teaching Appointments Unit, Room No. 113, First Floor, Fort, Mumbai 400 032, Tamil Nadu.
For further information, please visit http://www.mu.ac.in/