University of Calcutta was established in 1857 and is recognised as a Five Star University and a Centre with Potential for Excellence by the University Grants Commission and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. It invites application from eligible candidates for 2 PhD Programmes in Department of Computer Science & Engineering.
Name of Programme and Number of Seats
- PhD (Sc.) in Computer Science: 10 seats
- PhD (Tech.) in Computer Science & Engineering: 15 seats
Important Dates (for both the courses)
- Deadline for Submission of Application Form: 14 February 2013
- Date of Admission Test: 16 March 2013
- Date of Interview: 4-5 April 2013
- PhD (Tech.) in Computer Science & Engineering: Candidate should have cleared either of the following qualifications ME/ MTech/ Post BSc- BTech/BTech/ BE in Computer Science & Engineering, MCA. A candidate with B. Tech. /B.E. may also apply for the program as per provision laid down in the section 4.4 of the PhD regulations. The same criteria would also be applicable for MCA students. Candidates in their final year of the qualifying course may also apply
- PhD (Sc.) in Computer Science: Candidate should have cleared either MSc in Computer & Information Science or equivalent or MCA. Candidates in their final year of the qualifying course may also apply
The candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test (MCQ) and interview by the university. The written test and interview for both the subjects will consist questions from Discrete Mathematics, Operating Systems, Data Structure, Algorithms, Computer Networks, Database Management Systems, Programming Languages (C, C++, and Java), and Computer Architecture. However, the shortlisted candidates for interview will be asked questions on the research emphasis of the candidate.
Note: Candidates who have passed UGC/ CSIR (JRF) examinations /NET /SET /SLET /GATE /Teacher Fellowship are exempted from appearing at the written examination.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
Candidates are requested to deposit application fee of Rs100 either by cash or DD through duly filled in C.U. Challan, endorsed by the Head of the Department at University’s cash counters.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit duly filled in application form along with a challan, against the payment, is to be endorsed by the Head of Department (HOD). The filled in form is to be submitted to the Head of the Department, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Calcutta (92 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata 700009.
Candidates must clearly indicate the program in which they want to apply. Candidates who wish to apply for both the programes should indicate the same in separate application form and challan for each program.
To obtain further details, please CLICK HERE