CAT is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance examination for the management programs offered by its business schools (IIMs) as well as other top B- schools. This year CAT 2014 will be conducted in 2 days on 16 November & 22 November 2014 in 4 sessions of morning and afternoon instead of 21 days in 99 cities at 354 testing sites.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2014:
• Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Able (DA) category)
• Candidates appearing for the final year examination of Bachelor Degree examination may also apply.
Graduation percentage calculation in CAT 2014:
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the
candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
Equivalent Qualifications for CAT 2014:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post Diploma ) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers -India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India).
- Any Qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognized University/Institutions.
- Cases not covered above equivalency certificate to be produced from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi.
For detailed information click here