CBSE Class 10 Social Science Important Questions: In this article, we would discuss the important multiple choice questions, assertion reason questions and other important subjective and objective questions from the fifth chapter Minerals and Energy Resources of CBSE Class 10 (SST) Geography.
It is the fifth chapter in the second unit of the curriculum and in the NCERT Geography textbook ‘Contemporary India - II’. Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources covers topics such as What is a mineral, Mode of occurrence of Minerals - Where are these minerals found, Ferrous Minerals, Non-Ferrous Minerals, Non Metallic Minerals, Rock Minerals, Conservation of Minerals, Energy Resources - Conventional Sources of Energy, Non-Conventional Sources of Energy, Conservation of Energy Resources.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources Important Questions
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
- The larger occurrences of minerals of igneous and metamorphic rocks are called:
- Which one of the following is largely derived from ocean water?
- Aluminium is obtained from
- Which one of the following features is not true about copper?
(a) India is deficient in the reserve and production of copper.
(b) It is reliable, ductile and a good conductor.
(c) It is a ferrous ore.
(d) It is mainly used in electrical cables and electronic goods.
- Limestone is the basic raw material of
(a) Paper industry
(b) Cement industry
(c) Sugar industry
(d) Textile industry
- Mica is used in electric and electronic industries because
(a) of its insulating properties and resistance to high voltage
(b) it is a good conductor of electricity
(c) of its great malleability
(d) of its sonorous nature
- The highest quality of hard coal is:
- Uranium and thorium used for generating nuclear power are found in
(a) Godavari Basin
(b) Gulf of Cambay
(c) Manikarn in Himachal Pradesh
(d) Aravalli ranges of Rajasthan
- In which region of India tidal energy is produced?
(a) Gulf of Kuchchh
(b) Puga Valley of Ladakh
(c) Gulf of Cambay
(d) Madhapur near Bhuj
Fill in the blanks:
1) Rocks are combination of homogeneous substances called - - - - - - - .
2) The mineral deposits in Sands of Valley floors and the base of hills called - - - -
3) . ..................must be present in ferrous minerals.
4) India is critically deficient in the Reserve and production of..............
5) Rajasthan is the ........................ largest producer of mica in India.
6) ........................ is a fossil fuel which is present below natural gas.
Candidates who are going to appear for CBSE Class 10 Social Science board exam 2022-23 must check the latest CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2022-2023.
Also check CBSE Class 10 Social Science DELETED Syllabus 2022-2023 to know the complete list of topics that would not be evaluated in the upcoming CBSE Class 10 Social Science Board Examination 2022-23 by the board or the school.
All the best!