Get the CBSE Class 9th Science chapter, Motion: Important Questions & Preparation Tips 2015. This will provide you with a very clear idea about what type of questions are being framed for the exam and from which topics. The pattern in which the Question Paper is set is quite different from the style in which the course structure is actually defined. Consider the below mentioned terms/questions at the time of preparation.
Try to get clear-cut difference between rest and motion
• Concept of reference point
• Concept of straight line motion
• Study the difference between distance and displacement (Very important)
• Which of the following is true for displacement?
(a) It cannot be zero.
(b) Its magnitude is greater than the distance travelled by the object.
• Meanings of uniform and non-uniform motions and it is must to know real life examples for both motions
• Practice the numerical on distance-time concept
• Calculation of average speed and average velocity. Difference between both velocities
• Units of speed and velocity
• What is the speed of sound in air?
• The odometer of a car reads 2000 km at the start of a trip and 2400 km at the end of the trip. If the trip took 8 hrs, calculate the average speed of the car in km hñ1 and m sñ1.
• Concept of acceleration with examples
• Concept of uniform and non-uniform acceleration and graphical representation for both
• A train starting from a railway station and moving with uniform acceleration attains a speed 40 km hñ1 in 10 minutes. Find its acceleration.
• Shapes of graphs for uniform and non-uniform speed and velocity
• How you can determine the distance moved by a car from its velocity-time graph.
• When an object moves along a straight line with uniform acceleration then how many equations are being used to relate its velocity, acceleration during motion and the distance covered by it in a certain time interval.
• Have a good command over example problems
• The guidelines or conditions to be used the equations of motion like when the signs will be negative and meaning of every quantity used in the same
• What is the quantity which is measured by the area occupied below the velocity-time graph?
• Practice the Velocity-time graph to obtain the equations of motion
• A stone is thrown in a vertically upward direction with a velocity of 5 m s-1. If the acceleration of the stone during its motion is 10 m sñ2 in the downward direction, what will be the height attained by the stone and how much time will it take to reach there?
• Concept of uniform circular motion
• Formula of velocity of an object running on a circular path and either this motion is accelerated or non-accelerated.
• If a person is moving on a hexagonal path, pentagonal path, or an octagonal path, then what type of motion he is trying to approach finally
• An artificial satellite is moving in a circular orbit of radius 42250 km. Calculate its speed if it takes 24 hours to revolve around the earth.
Q. The SI unit of retardation is:
Q. Acceleration is vector or scalar quantity
Q. What information you get from the equation given below:
Q. Study the above equations for free fall motion
Q. A car accelerates at 1.5 m/s2 on a straight road. How much is the increase in velocity in the next 6 seconds?
Q. Pick the correct statement for a scalar quantity:
1. Magnitude only
2. Direction only
3. Both magnitude and direction
4. None of these
Q. State two differences between speed and velocity
Q. Give two examples of uniform and non-uniform motion
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the CBSE Group.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.