The cadidates of 2014 JEE Mains has been granted 12 extra marks by The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for having attempted the online exam on 19 April due to three wrong questions in the examination paper. Also, candidates who attempted the JEE Mains 2014 paper based examination on 6 April have been granted four extra marks due to one incorrect question in the exam paper, as per reports.
Earlier the board had denied any errors in the question paper. However, when the final answer key was released on 3 May, 2014 students have got marks foe questions that were considered to be ‘erroneous’. Students have received 4 marks for each incorrect question.
Questions for which students received bonus marks are:
1. Booklet series E question number 36 (Paper based exam)
2. Booklet series F question number 18 (Paper based exam)
3. Booklet series G question number 65 (Paper based exam)
4. Booklet series H question number 89 (Paper based exam)
5. Question number 7 (Computer based exam)
6. Question number 47 (Computer based exam)
7. Question number 48 (Computer based exam)
Each question of JEE Mains 2014 exam paper (online & offline) is worth 4 marks if answered correctly and if answered incorrectly ¼ marks is deducted. Although the answer key were released, candidates have minimal time to challenge the answers.
About JEE Mains
Joint Entrance Exam Mains(JEE) 2014 was conducted by CBSE for admission to undergraduate engineering and architecture courses at NITs, IIITs and other centrally funded institutes. Those candidates who will secure the top 1.5 lakh ranks will be eligible to attempt JEE Advanced 2014. JEE Advances scores will be used for admission to undergraduate Engineering courses at the IITs and ISM Dhanbad.