CBSE scholarship for single girl child 2018: Application deadline extended, check all details here
CBSE is providing scholarship to the meritorious single girl students, who have passed CBSE Class X examination with at least 60 per cent marks or with 6.2 CGPA and wants to continue their further school education of Class XI and XII. The scholarship scheme aims to support the higher education of girls, who are the only children of their parents.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has extended online application deadline for single girl child scholarship schemes.
Under the CBSE’s Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme, girl students who have passed Class 10th Examination 2018 from the CBSE affiliated schools are invited to apply for the following scholarship schemes:
- CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child for + 2 studies.
- Renewal of Online applications of CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child X Pass awarded in 2017.
CBSE scholarship for single girl child: Last date to apply
- The last date for submission of online applications is 15th October 2018.
- Hard copy of application form (renewal only) has to be submitted on or before 15th November 2018. Hard copies received after the last date shall not be entertained.
All the eligible candidates may apply by visiting the board’s official website, cbse.nic.in.
About CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
CBSE is providing scholarship to the meritorious girl students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X examination with at least 60 per cent marks or with 6.2 CGPA and wants to continue their further school education of Class XI and XII.
The primary motive of this scheme is to identify the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide financial boost to the meritorious and deserving students.
- The candidates studying in schools where the tuition fee is less than 1500 rupees per month will be taken into consideration for the scholarship.
- Also, the tuition fee for the NRIs has been fixed to the maximum of 6000 rupees per month and only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
The scholarships will be provided for a period of one year, means it will be given in Class XI and is subjected to renewal on the basis of marks secured by the candidates which should be at least 50 per cent aggregate. It should be noted that the scholarship will be paid for the duration of two years only.
All those students selected for scholarship will get 500 rupees per month. The payments will be made through demand drafts/ECS. The candidates filling the eligibility criteria, willing to apply need to fill in the application forms, online latest by September 15.
Highlights and procedure to apply for scholarship in brief:
Purpose of the scholarship
The basic idea behind giving this scholarship is to distinguish the efforts of the parents in supporting education among girls who have an excellent academic record, but they are not able complete higher education due to absence of resource and money.
- Single girl child who have secured 60 percent / 6.2 CGPA or more marks / grades in Class 10 exam and want to pursue their higher education of Class 11 and 12 in any of the school affiliated with CBSE.
- The tuition fee should not more than 1500 rupees per month.
- The tuition fee for the NRIs has been fixed to the maximum of 6000 rupees per month.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
Scholarship Amount and payment mode
- A Scholarship of Rs. 500/- per month will be paid for a maximum phase of two years.
- Scholarship payment will made through demand drafts/ECS.
Documents to be required with the application
- Candidates applying for scholarship must have an attested copy of mark sheet of Class 10 (2018) issued by CBSE.
- He/she should also have an affidavit from the parent claiming to be the only child of her parents as per prescribed language on non-judicial stamp paper of 10 rupees duly sworn in before first class judicial magistrate /SDM/Executive Magistrate.
- A cancelled cheque of the bank account in which the amount is to be credited.
- A Photostat copy of bank pass book duly attested.
- Application form should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Examination.
How to apply
Eligible and interested candidates are requested to apply for CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child online from the official website.
Fill the relevant details such as roll no. and certificate no., as printed on your class 10 certificate.
Duly filled online application must be enclosed in an envelope super scribing “APPLICATION FOR MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR SGC X (Fresh or renewal)” and must be reached at the address given below:
'Assistant Secretary (Scholarship), CBSE,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092'.
Contact CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2015
You may also like to read:
To get information about other national level scholarship schemes for school students, Click Here