In this video we will learn about the pre fertilization events like gametogenesis, gamete transfer and fertilization.
- Once the organisms attain the maturity, they exhibit the events and process in a regular sequence as pre-fertilization, fertilization and post fertilization.
- Gametes are haploid cells
- Same types of gametes are called as homogametes or isogametes while different gametes are called as Heterogametes.
- Further heterogametes are classified as anthrozoids or sperm and eggs or ovum
- Fusion of male and female gametes is called as fertilization.
- Medium for the fertilization is generally water but not always
Please share your feedback and suggestions for this video.