CSIR – National Geographical Research Institute is a premier research institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invited applications from the interested and enthusiastic students for Admisson to the Ph. D. Programme under Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) for August 2014 Session, started from August 2014 in the broad area mentioned below. The candidates eligible for the course may apply ONLINE on or before 22 May 2014.
- Opening Date of ONLINE Submission of Application: 25 April 2014.
- Closing Date of ONLINE Submission of Application: 22 May 2014.
- Date of Aptitude Examination/ Interview: 16 June 2014 to 11 July 2014.
- Commencement Date of Academic Session of CSIR – NGRI: 13 August 2014.
Details of Posts
Name of Course: “Ph. D.”
No. of Areas: 01 (One).
Broad Area of Course :
Educational Qualification/ Eligibilty Criteria :
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medicine or Master’s degree in Science with a keen sense of scientific enquiry for pursuing advanced research in frontier areas of Biological, Chemical, Physical and Mathematical Sciences leading to a Ph.D degree.
- A Master’s degree in Physical Sciences preferably Geophysics, Geology, Physics and Mathematics with exceptionally good academic record.
Age Limit & Relaxation:
Upper Age Limit and Relaxation for the candidate should be as per rules of CSIR- NGRI.
Candidates having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/ SRF of various funding agencies, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DST etc.), INSPIRE or other equivalent fellowships.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates may submit their ONLINE application through the AcSIR website www.acsir.res.in between 25 April 2014 to 22 May 2014.
- After successful submission of ONLINE application, the candidates are requested to take a Print Out of the filled in Application Form for future requirement/ reference.
- Short listed candidates will have to appear for an Aptitude examination followed by an interview.
- The examination will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in three preferences under sciences.
- Short listed and Successful candidates will have to appear for Test followed by interviews and discussion at CSIR- NGRI from 16 June 2014 to 11 July 2014.
- Selection of candidates for Ph.D program will be based on performance in aptitude examination and interview.