Current Affairs is the key to unlock the IAS Prelims exam became evident after the IAS Prelims Exam 2016. More than 50 % of IAS Prelims Questions were directly connected with the Current Affairs. Though the trend does not continue, but current affairs always have their say in the final merit of the IAS result.
There can be various methods to prepare the current affairs, but one of the best methods is the current affairs quiz with the explanation of each and every question. This method helps in the preparation of the Current Affairs Topics. Hence, we provide latest Current Affair quiz of December 2016 for IAS Preparation.
1. Consider the following statements regarding the Mahila Police Volunteer initiative:
1) It is the joint initiative of the Ministry of Women & Child Development with the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
2) One Mahila Police Volunteer (MPV) is envisaged per Gram Panchayat across the country.
3) Haryana became the first state to adopt Mahila Police Volunteer Initiative.
Choose the correct statements
a. Only 1
b. 2 and 3
c. 3 and 1
d. All of the above
The Women and Child Development Ministry has been prioritising issues related to the safety of women at the highest level with a holistic approach with a view to balance both preventive & curative aspects, proper & effective implementation of various laws and provisions available for the safety of girls/women.
To supplement the ongoing efforts towards gender equality, the Mahila Police Volunteer Initiative was envisaged in collaboration with the Ministry of Home Affairs to facilitate Police force through community volunteerism. Police play an important role in the safety and security of citizens in general and women in particular.
In order to provide a link between police and community and facilitate women in distress, one Mahila Police Volunteer (MPV) is envisaged per Gram Panchayat across the country. These will be selected through a laid out procedure from among the empowered, responsible, socially aware women who will facilitate police outreach on gender concerns.
2. The Government has approved cadre review and formation of the Indian Enterprise Development Service (IEDS) in which ministry?
a. Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
b. Ministry of commerce
c. Ministry of economic and social welfare
d. Ministry of justice
The Government has approved cadre review and formation of the Indian Enterprise Development Service (IEDS) in the Office of the Development Commissioner, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
The creation of the new cadre and change in structure is aimed at strengthening the organisation. It will also help achieve the vision of Startup India, Stand-up India and Make in India.
The measure will also enhance the capacity and efficiency of the organisation and also help in achieving growth in the MSME sector through a dedicated cadre of technical officers.
3. Uttar Pradesh has become the 29th State to send the proposal for construction of houses for urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban). Consider the following statements regarding this scheme:
1) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Housing for all (URBAN) has been implemented under the Ministry of urban development.
2) The Mission provides central assistance to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
3) It will provide assistance for In-situ Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation.
Choose the correct statements:
a. Only 2
b. 2 and 3
c. 1 and 3
d. All of the above
The Mission is being implemented under the Ministry of urban development, during 2015-2022 and provides central assistance to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and other implementing agencies through States/UTs for:
1) In-situ Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation
2) Credit Linked Subsidy
3) Affordable Housing in Partnership
4) Subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancement.
Credit linked subsidy component is being implemented as a Central Sector Scheme while other three components as Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
A Technology Sub-Mission under the Mission has been set up to facilitate the adoption of modern, innovative and green technologies and building material for fast and quality construction of houses. Technology sub-mission also facilitates the preparation and adoption of layout designs and building plans suitable for various Geo-climatic zones. It will also assist States/Cities in deploying disaster resistant and environment-friendly technologies.
4. Global Wage Report 2016-17 released that women from 60% of low paid wage labours in India. Which international organisation releases this report?
a. World Bank
b. World trade organisation
c. International Labour Organisation (ILO)
d. None of the above
India had among the worst levels of gender wage disparity with men earning more than women in similar jobs and the gap exceeding 30 per cent as per the Global Wage Report 2016-17 released by the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
In India, women formed 60 percent of the lowest paid wage labour, but only 15 percent of the highest wage-earners. In other words, not only were women paid less but there were fewer women in highly paid occupations. Among the major economies, only South Korea fared worse than India, with a gap of 37 per cent.
5. What is the objective behind the newly launched Garv-II application?
a. To track Rural Household Electrification.
b. To track Urban Household Electrification.
c. Both (c) and (b)
d. None of the above
‘GARV-II’ App of Government of India has the aim to provide access to electricity to all households in the country. Under this module, village-wise and habitation-wise baseline data on household electrification for all States, as provided by them, has been incorporated.
This app is an important part of the ‘Digital India Initiative’ of Government of India and will contribute in further development of the villages. The status of village-wise works sanctioned under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) and release of funds to the States for these projects has also been mapped in ‘GARV-II’ to monitor the progress of works in each village.
6. The village named Lanura of Budgam district became the first cashless village, of which of the following state of India?
c. Jammu and Kashmir
In the state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), the Lanura village of Budgam district became the first village in the state to go cashless. At least one member of every household in the village has been trained to use the Electronic Payment System (EPS) and so far, 150 people were trained for the purpose.
Lanura village is located some 30 kilometres away from Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir. The village falls in Panchayat Bugroo-B in block Khansahab of the district.
7. Khanjar-IV is the name of the newly finalised joint military exercises between India and which country?
The President of the Kyrgyz Republic paid a State Visit to India in December 2016. The two sides expressed satisfaction with the development of cooperation in the defence sphere, which reflects the high level of mutual trust between the two countries.
They noted that three IT-Centers have been established by India in the last two years at Kyrgyz Military Institutions, and an IT Centre is being upgraded at this time. The Khanjar series of India and Kyrgyzstan military exercises have become an annual event. Khanjar-II exercises were held in March 2015 in Kyrgyzstan and Khanjar III in March-April 2016 in Gwalior, India. The Khanjar-IV exercises are scheduled to be held in Kyrgyzstan in 2017.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.