The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is all set to conduct the Online Written Examination for recruitment of personnel for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee VI posts in the Participating Organisations.
Online Exam Interface: Online examination is the latest and widely accepted trend for selecting candidates in employment sectors. Candidates should have knowledge of the user interface of the examination. IBPS itself provides On-line mock test series (http://www.ibps.in/online-testing/) to make candidates known with the examination process and its operating techniques. While taking the test, candidates should follow some guidelines to avoid mistakes. Here, we are providing some tips and details about On-line examination pattern which candidates should know before taking an examination.
Read the Instructions carefully: Candidates should read the instructions carefully to avoid any type of mistake.
Knowledge of the operation of computer system: Candidates should know how to operate computer system. It is pre-requisite for online examination. One cannot perform well in test if they don’t have basic knowledge of computer.
Check your computer system: Before begin the examination, candidates make sure that their computer system is working properly. Candidates should also check all hardware equipments like Mouse, Monitor and Mother board etc. If your system is not working properly or hang during examination, inform invigilator immediately.
Watch the clock: The clock has been set at the server and the countdown time at the top right corner of the screen. It will display the time remaining for candidates. When the clock runs out the exam ends by default. Candidates should watch countdown time as it to maintain a steady pace of answering the questions within given time.
Don’t use refresh button: Candidates should avoid using Refresh or Back buttons on the browser while giving the test. It might interrupt the process of the test. Candidates are also advised not to open new browser during test.
Don’t use keyboard: Candidates should not to click on any of the ‘keyboard keys’ during the examination as it may lock the system or the examination.
The process of online examination: In order to help candidates, the banking team of Jagran josh is providing the complete process of online IBPS PO pre examination.
- A login screen will be displayed to the candidate. The candidate has to log in using his/her User ID and Password which is provided on the Call Letter.
- After logging in Candidate’s profile (Name, Roll No. & photograph etc.) will be displayed and the candidate has to confirm the same by clicked on the ‘I confirm’ button confirming the profile is correct.
- A candidate should read the instructions carefully and indicate that he has done so by ‘checking’ (click) the box at the bottom of the screen, after which the ‘I am ready to begin’ button is activated.
- After clicking on the ‘I am ready to begin’ button the actual test time will begin.
- In Preliminary Examination, there will be 100 questions and each question is followed by 5 alternatives/options.
- In order to answer a question, the candidate has to ‘mouse click’ the option he/she thinks is appropriate/ correct. After selecting an answer for a question the candidate should click on the ‘SAVE & NEXT’ button to save his answer and proceed to the next question. Note that without clicking on ‘Save & Next’ button the answer selected for a question will not be saved.
- A candidate can choose to deselect his/her answer for a particular question by clicking on the ‘CLEAR RESPONSE’ button provided against each question.
- Candidates may also click on the ‘MARK FOR REVIEW & NEXT’ button if they want to review their answer after some time. In case an answer has been selected for a particular question which has been marked as ‘MARK FOR REVIEW & NEXT’, the answer marked will be taken for final evaluation.
- Candidates are not permitted to submit their answers before the entire test time i.e. 60 minutes for preliminary exam and 120 minutes for main exam, is over.
- A candidate can navigate between questions by clicking on the question number displayed to the right of the screen.
- When a candidate clicks on a particular question, it takes some time for the question to appear. The time lost is not deducted from the total time allotted for the test.
About the Submission
- Candidates are not permitted to submit their answers before the entire test time is over.
- A candidate can only change his/ her answer before clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
- After the expiry of the exam duration, candidates will not be able to attempt any question or check their answers. A candidate’s answers would be automatically saved by the computer system even if he has not clicked the ‘Submit’ button.