CBSE has released Academic Calendar for the year 2016-17. The calendar is specially prepared for academic purposes.
The Calendar shows all the days, weeks, and months from April 2016 to March 2017.
According to CBSE Board, the calendar is a comprehensive guide that suggests programmes/projects/events that can be planned and scheduled for the year. The calendar also proposes to serve as a record of the Board’s many academic initiatives which call on the active participation of school heads, teachers and students. Therefore, the Academic Calendar is one of the ready referral tools schools can have at their disposal for initiating curricular and co-curricular programmes.
CBSE Board further added that using the calendar supports academic initiatives:
1. It enables organization of school curricula at the beginning of the session, so that scholastic and co-scholastic activities can be integrated seamlessly with appropriate time management.
2. It gives a total picture of the year’s activities and helps schools to pace and plan accordingly.
3. It encourages schools to ensure wider participation of students and staff, without overwhelming them.
4. Most importantly, any issues pertaining to the conduct of certain programmes can be resolved well in time to ensure adequate preparation and effective presentation.
5. It is crucial for stakeholders to consult the calendar on a regular basis.
The calendar published by CBSE is very interactive and with the help of this calendar, one can easily track the
• Tentative dates for Board Examination (CBSE & CBSE-i) and Summative Assessment (I & II).
• Dates of Gazetted Holidays (GH) and Restricted Holidays (RH) for Central Government Offices in Delhi.
• Dates Suggestive Activities and Competitions conducted by CBSE and schools.
Other important articles you may like: