Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bangalore was established by Professor VKRV Rao in 1972 to promote high quality PhD education. ISEC invited applications from interested and eligible candidates for admission to part time/ full time residential PhD programmes.
Name of Programme
- PhD (Full time residential)
- PhD (Part time)
- Last date for submission of application form: 15 May 2013
- List of shortlisted candidates displayed on: 15 June 2013
- Date of Written test: 11 July 2013
- Interview conducts on: 12 July 2013
- Educational Qualification: Admission seekers must be Post graduates in relevant disciplines and secured minimum 55% marks in the aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST applicants).
- Desirable: UGC-NET/JRF/SLET qualified or MPhil degree holders are desirable.
- Age Limit for ICSSR Fellowship: The applicants must not be more than 35 years. However, teachers and members of professional staff in Research Institutes should be below 40 years.
- In case of candidates applying in Part-time PhD Programme, there is no age limit for ISEC fellowship.
For discipline wise eligibility criteria, please visit www.isec.ac.in.
Applicants will be screened on the basis of research proposal submitted by them. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test and those who qualify the examination will have to appear in interview for final selection.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 500 (Rs 150 in case of SC/ST candidates) and should be paid through the Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, ISEC, Bangalore.
How to Apply
- Intended candidates must download the application form from the website of the institute
- Aspirants will have to fill in the form and attach the required DD and other relevant documents in support of educational qualification, Birth proof, Caste certificates and experience certificates with the application form.
- Applicants must send duly filled in application form along with requisite documents and DD so as to reach on or before the last date:
Institute for Social and Economic Change
Professor V K R V Rao Road
To seek more details, please visit the official website of the institute http://www.isec.ac.in/