- The World Bank on 11 June 2014 released Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report and revised down the economic growth forecast for developing world in 2014 to 4.8 percent from 5.3 percent estimated in January 2014. It also highlighted that the growth in 2015 and 2016 at 5.4 and 5.5 percent, respectively.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) on 9 June 2014 reduced the rate of interest by 20 basis points (bps) on long-term refinance facility to banks with an objective to promote farm sector investments.
- Reserve Bank of India on 9 June 2014 eased the KYC norms for opening bank account. In its notification it said that only one documentary proof of address (either the current or permanent) can be used to open bank account or for periodic updation.
- World Blood Donor Day was observed across the world on 14 June 2014. Theme for the year’s World Blood Day campaign is Safe blood for saving mothers.
- C Radhakrishnan, the eminent Malayalam scientist-turned-writer was selected for the prestigious Moortidevi Award for 2013 on 13 June 2014. He has been selected for his novel Theekkadal Katanhu Thirumadhuram.
- Lt Gen Amit Sharma was appointed as the Commander-in-Chief of Strategic Forces Command on 13 June 2014. He replaced Vice Admiral SPS Cheema.
- Vishal Sikka on 11 June 2014 was appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Infosys. Vishal Sikka will take over as the CEO on 1 August 2014. He will succeed the current Chief Executive and Managing Director S.D. Shibulal.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on 13 June 2014 commissioned 68 MW Unit at the Rampur Hydro Electric Project in Himachal Pradesh.
- Canara Bank on 10 June 2014 opened its seventh overseas branch in New York, USA. Other six overseas branches are in London, Leicester (UK), Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bahrain and Johannesburg. Its representative office is at Sharjah and a Joint Venture is in Moscow.
- Japan’s Meiji Holdings Ltd on 11 June 2014 acquired Bangalore-based pharmaceutical firm Medreich for 290 million US dollar. Meiji in its filing to the Tokyo Stock Exchange informed that the acquisition was made through the operating subsidiary, Meiji Seika Pharma Co. Ltd.
- Google on 10 June 2014 confirmed the purchase of Satellite Firm Skybox Imaging for 500 million US dollar.
- Sunil Dutt was appointed as President of Reliance Jio Infocomm on 10 June 2014. At the time of appointment, he was working as an independent consultant and has an experience of 30 years in Technology Industry.
- Miss Nevada Nia Sanchez on 8 June 2014 was crowned as Miss USA 2014. She is the 63rd winner of the Miss USA beauty contest. The ceremony was held at the Baton Rouge Civic Center in Louisiana.
- 2. Uganda’s Foreign Affairs Minister, Sam Kahamba Kutesa on 11 June 2014 was elected as the President of 69th Session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). The theme for the 69th session is Delivering on and Implementing a Transformative Post-2015 Development Agenda.
- Britain on 10 June 2014 published the world's first Modern Slavery Bill. The Bill was published by the Home Secretary Theresa May in the House of Commons. The Bill provides for life imprisonment if a person was involved in the heinous crime of trade in human beings.
- Project Seabird Phase II in Karwar, Karnataka on 9 June 2014 got environment clearance by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
- India on 13 June 2014 became a permanent signatory to Washington Accord. The Accord was signed by National Board of Accreditation at a meet of International Engineering Alliance of WA member countries held in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India on 10 June 2014 decided to discontinue four Standing Committees of the Cabinet. The discontinued standing committees included Cabinet Committee on Management of Natural Calamities, Cabinet Committee on Prices, Cabinet Committee on World Trade Organisation Matters and Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority of India related issues.
- Jitu Rai of India on 11 June 2014 won Silver Medal in men’s 10-meter air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup Shooting in Munich. In the finals, Jitu scored 199.4 after aggregating 583 in the qualification stage.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 12 June 2014 released commemorative postage stamps on the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Rafael Nadal (rank no. 1) of Spain won the French Open title 2014 for the ninth time on 8 June 2014. He is the first man to win five French Open titles in a row.
- Sourav Ganguly, the former Indian cricket captain, joined the Mudgal Committee on IPL spot-fixing as an expert on cricketing affairs on 8 June 2014.