Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India is inviting students with disabilities (SwDs), who are undertaking graduation, postgraduation or diploma level education from recognized institutes, to apply for this scholarship in order to receive economic support to further their education.
Last date to submit the application form is October 30, 2018. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, candidates need to fulfil the mandated requirements:
Applicants having more than 40% disability and a proof for the same with annual family income not exceeding INR 6 Lacs, are eligible to apply.
- Reimbursement of Up to INR 2 Lacs per annum of tuition fees and non-refundable charges that are paid or are payable to the institute.
- One time grant of INR 30,000 will be given as a reimbursement for expenses paid for the purchase of computer with accessories, aids and assistive devices.
- Monthly maintenance allowance of INR 3000 for hostellers and INR 1500 for day scholars.
- Book grant of INR 5000 per annum and special allowance of INR 2000 per month.
How to Apply
Online applications are invited from interested candidates.
Other Important Details
Candidates need to submit the following documents:
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability Certificate
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India ensures timely disbursement of Scholarships to students by providing a common portal for various scholarship schemes of central and state Governments to create a transparent database of scholars.