National Games are one of the few identities of the various nations. Hockey is the national game of India, Cricket of England, Baseball of U.S.A, Volley ball of Sri Lanka etc.
As a game is declared to be a National Game for any nation, it comes with some salient features like:
1. Promotion of the game on a global level.
2. Giving more value to the game.
3. Spending more time and revenue for its growth, perpetuation and development.
4. The nation has to treat it and give it importance.
And clearly, it’s not an easy task for nations who are financially poor, to take care of their national games as there are far more important and grave issues to be resolved and taken care of.
So, in some sense it is true to say that National Games are costly affair for poor nations as :
1) Requires huge sum of money: The maintenance, staffing, changes, and adjustment needs money. And if it is a national game than it requires even huge amount that is a problematic issue for poor nations.
2) Borrowing funds leads to additional burden: Even if a nation that is not sound enough financially, borrows funds from other nations in order to spend on the development of games and sports, gets an additional burden while returning or paying them off.
3) Long term requirement: The expenses on other sports and games are requirement of short term but that of a national game is of long term. A nation which is poor can afford to spend once or twice but the time and again requirement of monetary functions makes it a costly affair for the nation to handle it.
4) Other essential aspects and issues: Besides the maintenance of National games, there are a lot of other grave issues and unavoidable aspects for a nation to resolve and overcome and the money invested on issues like national security, safety and health, education, employment are far more essential and counts for more. So that overall creates an issue for such nations to come up with the expense on national games.
On the other hand, if we see into the fact that promotion and advancement of national games are essential for the nation’s overall progress and development in all spheres and dimensions, then it becomes inevitable to spend money. We can therefore also say that National Games are not costly affair for poor nations as for the reasons that follow:
1. Talent and fame is above monetary inputs: Besides accounting for the money invested, Talent and fame of the game makes a mark on the people across the globe. If the national game of a poor country is able to mark it’s significance presence in the entire world then it is not a costly affair for the nation.
2. Budget allocation: A Planned and well structured proper budget if always allocated by every nation be it rich or poor, for the development of all it’s segments and sectors including the National Games, then there would be no point whatsoever, of the affair getting costlier for such nations as the allocation and distribution is already done.
3. Management Decisions: If the nation’s Government has decided a particular game to be declared as a National Game then everything will be well settled within the reach of the financial assets of the nation even if it’s a poor nation. So, the coming up of national games for poor nations as a matter of being costly affair is null.
In either ways one thing is evident and that’s the fact that definitely money is spend over the growth and development of national games and the players representing the nation in that particular game and other essential endeavors of the game and it may become a bit problematic for nations who are financially poor to meet those endeavors but then with efficient management, proper allocation of the budget and proper monitoring things can remain intact and in control.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.