The world today has become highly advanced due to the over flushing applications of Science and Technology. There have been million of electronic gadgets and equipment manufactured by various IT and Electronic Manufacturing industries and spread in the market.
One such fine innovation is the Tablet - popularly known as Tabs. They can be defined as the electronic gadget which are equipped with almost all the features and functions of a computer and are mobile. Moreover, they are also equipped with calling facilities.
The way it is expanding and spreading its popularity, it will very soon replace the Libraries. Reasons are as under:
1. Information at a click away: The availability of e-books or the digital books on the internet and that can be easily accessed using an internet connection at the Tab and file can be stored in the form of data and used anytime anywhere at one’s own will so hardly anyone will prefer going for libraries.
2. Mobility with no carriage problem: If a book of 1000 pages is to be studied and carried away then it become quite hectic but on the contrary if the same book is available in e-form and in the tab then it’s not at all difficult to carry that. Mobility of tabs is one of its major advantages over libraries.
3. Availability of extremely vast and almost infinite options of books: In tab with just a single click one can access to numerous books and materials and choose the best and options are plenty so the probability of fetching the same book as is the requirement of the person gets raised very high. But in libraries there are limited editions of books and so one has to either compromise with the limitations or search for it in some other library thereby killing the time and energy both.
4. Trend and advancement: As teenagers have a typical habit of moving a step ahead in the trends and fashion of the society and for that reason they prefer to carry tabs.
However, looking the other side of the prospect, libraries are considered to be the ocean of information and books. Denying the statement that Tabs will soon replace library we can have following points to cater:
1) Originality and feeling: Reading a true book in hard copy makes the readers feel the aptness, originality and feel like being in touch with the narration while that is not the case when reading through tab.
2) Tab yielding distraction: Tabs as we all know is electronic equipment, has many other features and applications like: Games, social networking, movies, songs, and e-library being just one of them. So, the chances of distraction increases manifolds. While this is not the case with libraries where only one option surrounds a person and that is reading. Silence is the remarkable feature that makes a person read and study with concentration and conviction.
3) Systematization in Libraries: An additional advantage of Libraries over Tabs is the synchronized and systematic way of keeping the records of books and manual observation over them which is not the case with e-books on tab. And technology may become supreme but never more than man who has invented it.
In one way or the other the bottom line is this that different people may have different opinion related to the usability of books and access to either libraries or tabs but then one must look into the ease and comfort in the process of operating the task of reading. Technology has no doubt, stepped very firmly in human life but then we should never forget the fact that it is all creation of Man.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.