Group Discussions in MBA entrance exams are conducted after the main entrance exam and many good students get chucked out at this stage because they lack the required information on the given topic. We have brought a summative coverage of the topic to fill that gap.
The life of human beings has taken a very diverse shape in today’s era. Different innovations, creations, science and technology, arts, culture, work of fiction, nature, flora and fauna everything has become so much subjective and critical that one can’t exist without the other.
Man has become much busier in his various and vivid endeavors. Everybody is striving hard for his/her survival. Some people struggle, fail, succeed, come up in life and achieve their desired goals crossing various parameters and dimensions some of which are favorable and some do not. Working has become much more essential as it imparts livelihood to a person.
Now there is a substantial involvement of life in work and work in life. We can say that they are complimentary to each other. Many of us forget to live life in a way that we plan and a way we desire but due to work force and time dedicated towards the work that we do on a daily basis we, most of the times, fail to maintain a proper balance between Work and life.
We can take the constructive as well as the destructive sides of the statement “Work and Life balance.”
Supportive points favoring the motion:
1. Compatibility: If one wants to become compatible to life, then one needs to understand the scenario that work and life are parameters taking our life to a zone that can be explored to manifolds.
2. Updated: Being updated with a variety of news and day-to-day information can be possible only if a person is focused in his work.
3. Perfectly earned health and wealth: Maintaining the balance between life and work also raises the living standard as the person gets to relax and recreate after the entire day’s hectic work schedule.
4. Personal relations: It has been seen many times that a husband indulges in a fight with his wife as soon as he arrives back from the office. Somewhere else’s agony is rained on someone else, unnecessarily. It happens because of the lack of tuning and co-ordination between life and work.
5. Self-assessment: One very essential thing that a person must do on a daily basis is self-assessment or self-analysis. That makes him/her feel the correct place where he stands in life and the efforts that are to be taken in future in order to do excellent. But this can occur only if there is a balance between life and work.
On the contrary, if we talk about the adversities or non-supportive features against the motion we come up with the following:
1. Separate entity: It is important to understand that we are discussing two separate entities. One is life and the other is work. If we look precisely, we work almost 9-10 hours daily and there are 24 hours in a day. So, we are left with enough time to maintain our life and for that there is no need to waste time by thinking of creating an artificially driven work and life balance.
2. Both driven simultaneously: Both work and life runs simultaneously so making balance is quite illogical. A person should not focus on how he will lead his life during his working hours and vice versa.
3. Complementing each other: Rather than making these two balancing one must try to make them complementing each other. A better work will always lead to a successful life and a better life will always boost a person to work well in order to maintain that integrity and prosperity.
Hence, we may conclude that it’s not mandatory to maintain life and work balance by planning and executing on them but the thing is how practically we are driven towards that thought of ours.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.